M-Phasewave Phase Distortion Synthesizer By TubeOhm (mono4free)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by temple23, Feb 25, 2014.

1. temple23

temple23 Noisemaker

Phasewave, a new phase distortion synthesizer
    TubeOhm has released M-Phasewave, a freeware monophonic phase distortion synthesizer VSTi plugin based on the commercial Phasewave virtual instrument by the same developer.
    The plugin is free to download and fully functional. The only limitation in comparison to the commercial version is that M-Phasewave is monophonic.

Being a phase distortion synthesizer, sounds similar to the Casio CZ product series which was manufactured in the 80s. The sound is reminiscent of FM synthesizers, although the instrument itself is much easier to program than a full-blown FM synthesizer.
    You can use M-Phasewave to synthesize some great sounding electronic bass and lead sounds, as well as cool sounding sound effects. The instrument is delivered with a factory sound bank which contains 64 user presets. Keep in mind though that if you’re familiar with subtractive synthesis, you really shouldn’t have any issues while programming a phase distortion synthesizer such as this one.

The full (polyphonic) version of Phasewave can be purchased for 59€

Features:
    phase distortion synthesis
    true stereo
    two LFO‘s, monophon-polyphon
    MIDI learn for all important functions
    10 voices poly
    2 x ARP‘s
    Chorus , delay, reverb
    normal and expert mode for (multi stage) envelopes
    3 GUI colors
    128 sound templates
    standalone version (savihost)
    VSTi

Website
    Download mono4free

3. chd

chd Newbie

good to know! :wink:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks for the info temple. :thumbsup:

5. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

I had a Casio CZ3000 years ago, and it never sounded this good. Thanks for the Heads up

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I had CZ-1000... it sounded great, I love phase distortion synthesis, but it had noisy outputs, like first DX7. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the noisy outputs any more. Thank you temple23, I'm off to play with it right now! :wink:

The installer is a catastrophe, it placed everything in all the wrong places, installed the VSTi twice... not a very promising start. But I do it in a VirtualBox so I don't care about the stupid installer.

It doesn't sound bad.