M-audio track solo drivers keep chaninging windows bitrate and samplerate.

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by 990, Sep 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. 990

990 Ultrasonic

I just got this interface as a portable solution and its driving me nuts. No matter what I do, it changes the windows bitrate and samplerate to 32bit, 48khz. I reinstalled the drivers, unchecked exclusivity mode etc.Nothing works.

Also this crap thing doesnt work on mac also. I produces a low click sound everytime I try to play a sound. Which means that it changes bitrate and samplerate on macs also.

Of course m-audio customer support is the worst. I have been waiting for 3 days and no reply from them. The only fix I found is to remove registry entries, from all the other audio devices on pc. Which is ridiculous.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

If your problem exists on both windows and mac, it's probably defective. The children in Nepal who assemble them sometimes make mistakes.

4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Many audio interface drivers will set the global audio params (bits/sample rate) to whatever specs the particular DAW or audio application prescribes upon DAW/application startup. Also, depending on the DAW (or app) if one loads an audio file of a particular sample/bit rate the app will tell the driver to change global settings to match the rates of the file. Could this be what is happening?

If it were me, if possible, I would return the m-audio device and obtain a similarly capable device from RME-audio. It might cost a bit more in $$ up front, but you can bet that device will last and perform the way it's supposed to for years. M-audio makes, IMO, decent entry level audio gear, but not what I would call pro (quality) by any means... And no, I do not own stock in RME - I've just used their gear for years and know that it's the best bang for the $ in pro audio.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

What could be happening is that it is a 50$ audio interface. Go RME. :trolls:

6. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Some old and/or low budget interfaces go crazy when the operating system and DAW are requesting different samplerates. Maybe it's that.

*sponsored by RME*

7. 990

990 Ultrasonic

I believe its a driver problem. The driver is from 2021. M-audio didnt release any other update. Many m-audio users have the same problem, even on more expensive interfaces. But no solution so far.

8. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

On Windows(10) I can confirm this to be true in some cases. IIRC an example would be iZotope RX standalone. If set to ASIO and the SR* differs from interface settings it will change/block the SR while in playback. With some cards you will be able to force it, but then the pitch will obv change. If set eg. to MME it wont change.. or something

*even if only of the file

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

The most common reason for cross-platform problems is something wrong with the hardware (including the cables). just saying..

10. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Agree and ofc. :yes: But he somehow described the mac problem differently, so just maybe it is one shit on win and then another shit on mac.. so shit shit ;)
    :wink:
    Where, what.. nooo :rofl:

I'll just STFU now.. my brain's clearly in sleep mode

11. samsum

samsum Producer

sound settings.jpg I'm having the same issue with Steinberg UR44 after reinstalling Windows 10 but think it's behaved for the past day since changing a setting. When you open your DAW then have a look what the Project Settings are there and make sure they are set to what you want. Also if you right click the speaker icon (Bottom right) and Open Sound Settings, then click on Sound Control Panel. Click on Playback tab and double click your M-Audio Out Device in the bottom section and then on the Advanced tab and uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device. Apply and OK and then click on Recording Tab and double click your M-Audio INPUT Device in the bottom section and then on the Advanced tab and uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device. Apply and OK. Mine has been OK since, fingers crossed.