M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini VS Native Instruments M32

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by anonymous1119, Nov 4, 2022.

1. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

Hey guys ,

Looking for a midi controller for modulation mainly

I am leaning towards the oxygen because it has so much more, faders, more buttons, physical wheels

But I would like to hear your opinions as well

3. executioner

executioner Guest

If you are in the Native Instruments ecosystem their controllers can really become part of your workflow in a way that lets creativity just flow for you since it's designed to support it. But if you do your own mapping and really need the extra flexibility then Oxygen would probably be better for you cuz it's a sort of all-in-one controller. Personally, I'd rather have less clutter on my instruments and just have a separate dedicated controller (i.e drum pad/faders) if needed, which is my set-up at the moment. The build on NI's midi keyboards is amazing too from my experience but I haven't used Oxygen yet so I can't compare it in that aspect.

4. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

Then I think I'm going with the oxygen since I need some kinda substitution of the nanokontrol that I was initially planned on buying

5. anonymous1119

anonymous1119 Noisemaker

I was wondering: does the M32 and komplete kontroll work with non legit Kontakt and minified libraries ?

6. executioner

executioner Guest

To answer does Komplete Kontrol work: Yes, I have a ton of Kontakt Libraries and they all show up in Komplete Kontrol. I do not know about minified libraries though as I only use full ones but as long as it supports NKS then your good.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2022
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm in this position now. I use Ableton (and Studio One) and own a Push 2, Presonus Fadwport, Atom and Atom SQ. They are all good and used, but mainly for sequencing quickly, particularly for drums.

However, I do like to play with a keyboard sometimes. I currently own a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32 and a Korg nanoKontrol 2. They use up 2 USB ports and a chunk of desk space.

I have been contemplating selling off the Native Instruments M32, nanoKobtrol 2, and the smaller Atom and replace the 3 devices with the single M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini, meaning I still get my keyboard with knobs, the faders for Kontakt CC control, and a few pads (though the Push 2 and Atom SQ fulfil my pad and sequencing needs largely.

Is the M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini a good shout, especially in terms of rationalising the M32, nanoKobtrol 2 and Atom down to a single USB pot with a smaller desk footprint?