M-Audio Code 61 Mod Wheel Issue. Solved. ✓

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Parasite-B, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Hi, all. I might be pissing in the wind here, but does anyone have any experience with the Code 61, and the mod wheel not going to zero? Sometimes it will, most times it won't. I've tried a factory reset, updating firmware, and looking into the mod wheel settings, but so far no luck.

I can take it apart, but I want that to be a last resort, just in case someone does have any experience with this issue.

Cheers in advance.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I've no personal experience with it, but it looks like you're not the only one

(I don't say this will work):

Cons start at 5:07:

4. Parasite-B

@No Avenger, hows it going, man? Hope all's well!

Cheers for the video, but I've already seen this one.

I've ended up taking it apart. Started drinking and got impatient. Haha! Being a bit drunk is possibly not the best time to do stuff like this, but I've done worse. Turns out M-Audio think it's a good idea to use a glue gun on movable components.

Just plugged in and tested, all is fine and dandy again! I just need to remember to not be so aggressive with the mod wheel, until I come up with a more stable solution, rather than just re-melting the glue. Second time I've had to fix this thing.

Thank you again for the post though, dude!

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Yo, Mr. B., [​IMG]
    yes, quite well, thanks, I hope so are you.

I already thought you might've seen it, OTOH it does no harm - I hope.

I think that's called cause and effect. :winker:

As good as this keyboard is looking, it unfortuntely seems to be made pretty sloppy in some regards but good to hear that you could fix it - again. :yes:

6. Parasite-B

Bloody hell, it's been a while since anyone called me Mr. B. Then, with this lockdown I've not really seen anyone for months. Amazed I've managed to cling onto what sanity I have left!:rofl:

Glad to hear you're all, though. And yeah, I'm doing pretty good right now, thanks. I was going to work on some music, but wasted a few hours with this Code61. The day is still young! And I've got plenty of alcohol left. :wink:

You're not wrong there. I seem to have this thing on here with starting threads then finding the solution not long after.

I have to admit, I wish I put a bit more effort into looking into this before I bought it. Though the first time it broke... That was kinda my fault. Feel into it backwards while drunk and the USB cable was plugged in, that hit the wall and pushed the USB input off the board. Fortunately I have soldering experience and plenty of those inputs on old equipment. I always make sure to move it out the way now.:wink: