Lyrics and track rhythm

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by MaXe, Apr 25, 2019.

1. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

To those guys who produce Hip Hop music, how do you make your drum track work with the rapper's lyrics?
    Considering the rapper has given you its lyrics and a demo track of his/her vocal?
    How do you try to program your drums so it matches the flow? Since the rapper might change flow from time to time and he might not flow on the same rhythm but totally change the rhythm.
    What would recommend for getting better at aligning the lyrics and music together? Would you time stretch your vocals so the vocal locks perfectly with drums or anything like that?
    Thanks

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I would send the rhythm track to the artist that I created based on their scratch track that they provided me with. They can use it to rap over the beat and if it piques their creativity to wish a change here and there to keep it interesting, I would then do that. In any collaborative effort things must flow to live.