LulzSec Leader Flipped By Feds, Helps Indict Fellow Hackers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Bassweasel, Mar 6, 2012.

1. The Bassweasel

The Bassweasel Newbie

Hector Xavier Monsegur, an unemployed 28-year-old father of two who lives in public housing in New York, is allegedly the man behind the screenname “Sabu,” leader of the hacker group LulzSec and has been working with FBI agents to go after other members of the organization, Fox News reported Tuesday.

A law enforcement official confirmed to TPM that several charges would be unsealed against alleged members of LulzSec in the federal court in the Southern District of New York later today.

Monsegur, according to Fox News, pleaded guilty to 12 hacking-related charges back on Aug. 15. The report identified the remaining LulzSec leaders arrested as Ryan Ackroyd (aka “Kayla”) and Jake Davis (aka “Topiary”) of London; Darren Martyn, (aka “pwnsauce”) and Donncha O’Cearrbhail (aka “palladium”) of Ireland; and Jeremy Hammond (aka “Anarchaos”) of Chicago.

http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/lulzsec-leader-flipped-by-feds-helps-indict-fellow-hackers.php?ref=fpb

3. The Bassweasel

The Bassweasel Newbie

I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't water-boarded the poor guy ...

4. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

DAMN SNITCH!!!!!!!!

5. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

Hope this isnt the start of all the groups getting found out. i KNOW what they do isnt always good. but its nice to know theres people like annonymous etc holding up a fight for our freedom!!!!!!

6. fraggle83

fraggle83 Member

If i may ask ...

And what do we do while they put their lives at risk "holding up a fight for our freedom" ?
    It's easy to say "DAMMN SNITCH!!!" reading this kind of news while sitting confortable in our chair in front of our computer while waiting for some new plug-in to appear, don't you think ?

Kind Regards! :mates:

7. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

snithchin os snitchin no matter what the circumstance is that when you put yourself in any playing field theres rules or street standards especially when breaking the law. trust me im from los angeles been to jail plenty of times. for instance why join the mob if you plan on being straight edge. you get knocked that comes with the game. if you not true to it than dont do it. so hell yeah damn snitch. thats like having sympathy for someone who told on the weed man.

8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Heisenberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYZ0YQow_pk