LPX 10.1: More Than 1 Auto. Point NOW Not Allowed At Same Time

Discussion in 'Logic' started by dim_triad, Jan 29, 2015.

1. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

Seems with the new update (v10.1) it is no longer possible to have more than 1 automation point located at the same point in time... for example, if you had the "square-wave" style automation... where say, an FX on/off was being automated. so maybe you'd have 2 points at 1.1.1. One point at 0 (or off) and the second point immediately above it at 1 (or on)... I saw this issue on Gearslutz.

link: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/983324-important-apples-bug-fix-logic-10-1-consequences.html

3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

LOL, Apple again with their Fuckery… Just use XFER LFO Tool for the time being maybe and just atomate the Bypass?

Or, do like I did: Switch to Studio one!

4. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

The premise that something can be both on and off at the same period in time isn't a DAW property (or a physics property). What Logic is making you do is define the transition length between the two states. I'm not using 10.1 yet, but 10.0.7 doesn't specifically allow you to do this either. The only exception is the "Create two automation points at region borders" command. Thinking back to my time with Cubase, it seems silly that it allowed two states to exist on the same clock tick.

5. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

"physically" possible or not... dont know bout you but, when drawing automation for"on/off" kinds of parameters, I run into this EVERY single time... that is, every single time i turn "it" on, then again when "it" gets turned off... so along the whole time line of the song, it could happen a number of times... then, multiply that # times the number of tracks/projects that have this quite prevalent kind of auto. Perhaps you have never automated an effect on/off before?

6. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you, are you saying 'on/off' as in its state of bypass (see pic of effect bypass on/off)? Or do you mean, say, jumping between 0% to 100% of a particular parameter within an effect?

Attached Files:

7. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Tell that to Werner Heisenberg

8. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

I've found a solution: just type the desired position into the event list. This way Logic will allow 2 automation points at the same song position.

Attached Files: