Love (John Lennon Cover)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DieM, Sep 21, 2018.

1. DieM

DieM Rock Star

As it says on the tin.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  3. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

A beautiful and sincere performance... Never heard the original before... Really enjoyed this version... Great work!

4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers again. You should check out the original. It's a beautiful haunting lennon Classic.

5. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I think you have a better voice than Lennon, who didn't have a great voice anyway; that's why his vocals are smeared with fx. But anyway, as far as your cover is concerned, I think Lennon sings it more passionately and almost to himself, whereas you are projecting your voice more and not sounding like you're feeling the lyrics as much as Lennon. I'd defintely give you £1 if I heard you by the escalators at King's Cross Tube :yes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey cheers Thankful. Who can sing as passionately as Lennon? It's a hard task.
    I might take you up on that offer of a pound :) Hey when we're skint a pound is a lot of cash.
    Thanks for your input. It's very much appreciated. :bow:

7. Karlsplatz

Karlsplatz Kapellmeister

Really like it DieM, havent had heard the song before. I like your singing and all the little details like flute and strings.
    Keep them coming! :)

edit: nvm, didnt hear the delay before.. ^^

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  8. Great toss at a cool Lennon song.

If I saw you at Kings Cross Tube it would freak me out because that would mean I was abducted from my bed and suddenly whisked away over 900 kilometers, stark naked, shivering cold and very confused. So, if you see a naked guy just staring at you in bewilderment you'll know it's just me. I won't have £1 on me though...no pockets so the only thing I would have to offer you in performance is the rapt audience of my unwrapped state.

9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

what's happening.... you're an amazing singer.....

10. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers Karlsplatz. I added the orchestration myself.
    The original song is Lennons vocal, drums, bass, piano and acoustic guitar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hmmm! I wish I had your conviction. I can always do better.

12. Grok

Grok Producer

You can.
    You can sing even further than Lennon.
    You can find it, within yourself. Don't be shy. Search, find.

13. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Again, very kind of you to say but I am very limited and lucky to get away with what I do.
    Cheers Grok :bow:

14. Grok

Grok Producer

I would not say that currently you're "an amazing singer", but I say without an hesitation that you have a beautiful voice and that you can become an amazing singer.
    The instrument (the voice) is beautiful, the practicer (yourself) can improve (and this comes with practicing, within good conditions and good mood).
    It's already very good to have a beautiful instrument :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I know what you are saying Grok. I think that having a certain quality to the voice is all very well but to make it exeptional takes practice and plenty of it.
    Thank you for your kind remarks :yes:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah compared to a previous release.. you focused a lot more on your delivery.. and really shows...
    and that would be good show indeed... clear and crisp , on key, etc... with some time and a little more
    confidence.. you could develop a nice style.. well done..

what did you use for the acoustic ? did you do much, or any processing this time ?
    recording sounds fine to me, anyhoos I am not a "frequency freak" by any stretch lad...

oops missed that part.. got it

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
  17. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hi Herr Durr, thanks for that.

I reckon that certain songs and keys can bring out the best or the worst in a vocal.

In answer to your question, I used a real acoustic guitar for the strumming parts as that is the instrument I play.
    The rest of the mix was all Vsti's. Orchestration, drums and piano all played on my "Alesis QX49" Midi Keyboard.

I actually mix my tracks listening through a rather cheap but great sounding pair of headphones called "Urbanears".
    I am actually pretty surprised that the mixes turn out not too bad doing it this way!

I continualy use "PSP VintageWarmer" Vst for a lot of the vocals and instrumentation as I feel that it brings warmth and clarity to the individual stems and overall mixes.:bow:

18. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey I think that I can take that! :wink: especially from such a cool dude as yourselve.
    Where do you actually originate from Super?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

secret... don't tell anyone ok... he was spawned in Albert Hofmann's lab at Sandoz.. unleashed on several continents to the great consternation of the authorities.. nowadays... you may find him in the idyllic quarters of Swiss cities and countryside.. often sporting tie dye and looking up at Lucy in the sky.. whilst walking his mustachio'd mutt Marley.. :wink:

(oh, and playing the harmonica at the same time... if that ain't raw talent, dunno what is..do ye jimmy ? )

he says he has a pet monkey.. but don't believe it.. just a flashback

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2018
  20. DieM

DieM Rock Star

You gotta laugh! :rofl:
    Well I always had a sneaky suspicion that the guy was tripping off his balls but I had nothing to back these suspicians up with.
    Now that It has been confirmed by your merry self I can rest assuredly in the conviction that my initial suspicians were correct!!!
    Now that we have that cleared up and documented between the both of us what do you reckon we should do about it?
    I think we should firstly nick his guitar as it sounds pretty decent from his musical uploads, then beat him over the head with a wet fish!
    If he doesn't go down on the first slap then maybe get his wife to put him out cold with a good slagging just where it hurts and then raid his fridge.
    If you are not hungry at this present moment then no fears mate. Give it a few hours and you'll be halfway there!
    Please add any ideas you have within your own personal arsenal and I'll respond in kind :woot:

21. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

:crazy:
    Damn... really??

I've learned a thing or two from Hoffman but his factory seems to have made adhd style focus something that has finally been prescribed and helped the vision over the last few months, as well as some energetic deficiencies from my slightly anemic life, focus being the only pleasure from it, full of a struggle that prescribed some anti seizure doses as well, however isn't a controlled substance.. unless it is? I'll admit I've been known to cut loose on some wine and words with trolls over the years in higher frequencies recently, trolls seeming to have all turned against for reasons possibly coming clear now. Never a fan of taking downers when down, all else my body made the decision to pass on easy. If life is indeed as unique as your voice then I'll happily wine no more, replacing with meaningful meetings wouldn't be a sacrifice. what's happening.....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List