Losing Passion For Producing Music

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TranceDarker, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TranceDarker

TranceDarker Member

Hello guys,

I know that it happens to everyone someone or till the end of death .

I feel myself that i lost my passion for producing music even may be in life.

I have releases from labels and even one label is big major label.

I do mixing intruments in project
    but i really have no passion to write melody.

When i write melody everytime, i don't like it and erase erase and it happens often.
    Then all mixing , arrange and anything start to bore me and give no passion.

I don't know why it happens and i can't solve this.

I feel myself tired everyday after daily sucking jop .

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Sounds like you're focused on technicalities.
    Try to get your inspiration going, and contradictory as it sounds, this is really hard work.
    I strongly recommend reading "the war of art" by steven pressfield.
    Life is sadly a thing most people are not passionate about, so don't worry. It'll pass.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

what kind of music you play? do you have depression ?

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I think we all have ups and downs. But I find that "creating in front of a computer" is quite un-inspirational. I rather go outside, play an instrument (or three), paint, play games, work in the garage or do other creative stuff (with my hands and brain) - that's when ideas and melodies comes into my head (and I record them on my phone or on a portable recorder).
    Balance ("fun" vs. "work") is very important.

Inspiration is all around, but if you are sick/depressed/feeling down you will not see/recieve it (and transform it into a creative force). I've been there myself, and even went to the doctor who gave me a sick-leave from work. I "went into the wall", had low testosterone and was stressed (hormones in my body was all fucked up), speeding heart, chest-pains, etc. It can take a long time to get back on track and feel good again. So just relax and don't "pressure to create". Do something else until you feel passionate again.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. tun

tun Rock Star

ive been spying on the forum for a little while but havent signed up until now because i saw this post.
    i just want to tell you I FEEL YOU!!! you are not alone.

i have been going through the same thing for about a year now, maybe more. i have been depressed and finding it really hard to get motivated to do anything, particularly music related.

in the last month i have been trying to push myself to get back on it by just playing with toys for fun rather than with the goal of creating a track, and its not going anywhere atm, but i think the passion is slowly coming back.

my heart goes out to you in this difficult time. i really hope you dont have to go through what i have been through :(

edit:
    listening to a lot of music has helped me too. i stopped listening to music regularly too during this period, which obviously didnt help, so i try to listen to music whenever possible (like i did before, only before it wasnt forced)

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

this is sadly part of the very unrewarding experience of being an independent artist/developer etc etc...

you just gtta experience it, be patient and just let things happen. Eventually you will find something that gets you going...

Try to not just focus on music, work in another area, another field... go outside maybe do some outside work... even brick laying can help to get ur mind off the dry process of getting something together...

Eventually you will make something good happen one day, there is always some positive return on an investment you've made in your life...

It's going to be tough, heartbreaking, depressing, you will feel like you made the wrong decisions and that you have failed and did everything the wrong way... you will question alot of things... but the moments you lose complete hope something good will happen and you will get something...

it's just life...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Maybe, it's your death time as trance maker. Put it away and choose another genre. Music world is endless. No need to think about the melody for your every song. Think about the other elements.

Btw, much sex and drugs have bad effect on your brain as an artist. Let your body recovers itself.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  9. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

foster911 how encouraging... your black humor is very untimely.

Personally, I get inspired by listening to my favorite artists. This is my inspiration and always has been.

And if you can, take some time off. It's good, it's healthy. I remember working on my musical project for quite a long time. I wasn't satisfied and kept working, but I was already tired, my ears were tired, my head was like a balloon from all the mixing and constant listening process, yet I didn't take a pause. I worked for days and nights, I wanted the result and I would stop at nothing. It was wrong. Looking back, I know I should have quit for a while, because I only made things worse in the end. I overdid it.

Sometimes it gets rough and tough. I hear you. But don't quit. Just don't. Sometimes it just seems it's the end of the world, but it's really not. Then something happens, something good, and you forget about hard times of yesterday. Keep going, one day you will remember unfortunate times of your past and you will laugh it off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Listen to your favourite song. Do it every day for hours. After a week this song gets f.. boring. When you`re working on a song the same thing happens. This effect is normal. Sometimes i found an old unfinished track and can´t believe that this song is made by myself. I can tell you
    that i have the same problem. Start full of energy and then comes this point (often the drop) where i fall in this big black hole.

11. mageye

mageye Producer

How can you know happy if you have never known sad? How can you know excitement if you have never been bored?

How could you really appreciate being rich if you have never known poor?

Anyway, my point is that life tends to be a cycle and we have to have the Ying with the Yang. Unfortunately.

I get the same feelings myself. The only thing I can say is when you are at your lowest ebb - the only way is up!:winker:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

A collab will help you, I guess, someone fresh with energy :P

13. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Yo bro! Sounds serious and not only about the music. If there's anything we, I can do, talk, a colab, anything mate. You can PM me.
    Take it easy, take some time off, get to nature. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. foster911

foster911 Guest

Making music does not differ much from other jobs. Any feeling that happens by doing them, would happen to you too.

It is pretty natural. Just let the nature does its mechanism without your brain being an obstacle with its over-thinking.

15. retroboy

retroboy Producer

Bollocks. I've written some of my best music after getting high and getting laid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. retroboy

retroboy Producer

Mate I think it happens to us all at some stage. I hear the same from friends who are actors, artists, writers etc

I got so bored with music that I gave it all up for about 3 years. Packed the studio away and focused my time and energy on other things. Now I'm back into music again and loving it. Give it some time and don't force it! Good luck

17. TranceDarker

TranceDarker Member

I can't tell my music background with so details but
    i studied and learned every thing about producing music by myself with searching
    reading and applying that's why i had different periods and time for learning music theory, mixing techniques, arrangment ext.
    Some period - to learn music scales to write melody
    Some period - to learn mixing Eq, compressor, leveling, reverb , delay ext. details
    Some periof - to learn arrange and build .

I have other bad habit that sometimes i can stuck on producing because of not liking easily what i produce even someone can say " it is great, ok " , i always work with details until i'll get real satification what i fell .

I'll try to get " the war of art " . Thank you.

18. gokkyofficial

gokkyofficial Ultrasonic

especially if you are coming from trance music like me we are loosing to much ı had a friend his tunes played during the electronic daisy carnaval and he broke the producing ( 2-3 times in ASOT armin radio show ) for example if your familys economi is good and you are rich X2 collapse starting

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

Of course, there are always some exceptional supernatural heros.:wink:

Please guide us as youngsters, how you do that.

Edit:
    Would you please share some of your songs, made after those activities?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  20. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

@TranceDarker You're probably feeling now what you must have felt from the very beginning. You've grown :)

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. ... No artist is pleased. [There is] no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer divine dissatisfaction, a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the others” - Martha Graham

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

spot on. Draw from the fact that you've went out and got your skills yourself, and that you're on the brink of change and new ideas.