Looks like Logic 10.5 might be coming soon

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Whispaz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

Saw a post on reddit with a screenshot from apple.com of what looks like Logic with Garageband's Live Loops feature. I for one would be happy to see some of Garageband's fun features implemented (including the sampler or an even better one). My issue would be that I'm still on 10.4.4 and still using Sierra, which I'm happy with. 10.5 would require me to update to at least High Sierra.

Here's the link to Apple's site (you have to scroll down quite far: https://www.apple.com/education/products/

Here's the screenshot in case it gets removed: https://preview.redd.it/iillv6pegjp...bp&s=486cbd098ffec556094c3282532c1aa12ff4ab1b

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

yeah, seems they added loops like in ios. wonder though what else is coming feature wise. live loops is something I haven't really had any use for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

I hope they can fix a lot of anoying bugs first. :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. angie

angie Producer

Yes! 10.4.8 is a naughty brat

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

yeah and upgrade the GUIs for the Plugins such as EXS, Ultrabeat, ES2 etc ..
    It is a shame, Ultrabeat has the potential to be so much more, but instead of improving we get a dumbed down macro designer view :deep_facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. fredboudin

fredboudin Ultrasonic

Hope it will work with El Capitan :bleh:

8. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

If implementation of Live Loops is the only main thing in 10.5: no thx, i pass and stay with Reaper for sure.

9. Rhythmattic

Rhythmattic Member

Yeh... Nice Profile pic.. So I thought I be the balance...
    Reaper rocks... But ill pass .. Ill stay with Logic for sure...
    As for the implementation logic does for film scoring, composing, its Way better for me...

10. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

I just went from Sierra to HS to run the last Logic update. I do really hate that Apple does point xxx app updates that then demand OS update as well. Regarding this one, I'm sure there's a long list of bug fixes to go along with whatever new feature(s) they add.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

It is more likely that the drop older versions :)

12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Good to know, thanks!
    BTW, High Sierra running very fine here even with old USB audio interface drivers and some obsolete software.

In terms of?

13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Looks like they are incorporating some sort of vertical scenes workflow like in ableton for arranging blocks of a song. Might be useful.

Looks like they changed the image back to Garageband already – good call to back it up ;)

14. angie

angie Producer

rare random crashes ... nothing repeatable and that prevents me from working, like little jokes. it is still my favorite

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Santi Panti

Santi Panti Newbie

[QUOTE = "Whispaz, post: 464647, member: 47301"] Vi una publicación en reddit con una captura de pantalla de apple.com de lo que parece Logic con la función Live Loops de Garageband. Por mi parte, me encantaría ver implementadas algunas de las divertidas funciones de Garageband (incluida la muestra o una aún mejor). Mi problema sería que todavía estoy en 10.4.4 y sigo usando Sierra, con lo que estoy contento. 10.5 requeriría que actualice al menos a High Sierra.

Aquí está el enlace al sitio de Apple (debe desplazarse hacia abajo bastante lejos: https://www.apple.com/education/products/

Aquí está la captura de pantalla en caso de que se elimine: https://preview.redd.it/iillv6pegjp...bp&s=486cbd098ffec556094c3282532c1aa12ff4ab1b [/ QUOTE]
    Mi amigo, ahora la última versión de Logic Pro X es 10.4.8 y esto es solo para macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Mojave (10.14.6) o Catalina (10.15.3). I believe that is update, 10.5 is for only Mojave and Catalina

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  16. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

High Sierra seems fine and stable when I’ve used it but I have some software that’s not supported (Finale 2014 being one of the most important for my day to day use) and no ublock origin in Safari (and no glimmer blocker but that’s not really a big deal). I’ll have to move on eventually but I really dislike the timesink that the whole catch up game becomes.

17. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

I can understand the forced updates to an extent but the way they release a new OS every year now, means you get left behind way too quickly.

18. Whispaz

Whispaz Member

A eso me refería con “at least High Sierra”, pero creo que 10.5 funcionará con High Sierra también o eso espero.

19. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

Right? It's like there hasn't even been enough time for one OS version to have shaken out developers' comparability issues before Apple lays out a new OS. Or, at least shortly thereafter.

20. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

That's a fact unfortunately, not only with MacOS but even more with iOS.
    New features are punched in faster than the (obviously now too small) developer team can handle, not to speak of bug fixes that take longer than ever before.
    With their OS updates, Apple has a history of breaking things that work but it seems like the situation has become worse in recent years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  21. They drag 3rd part developers around like dogs on leashes too and we pay the price. Doesn't seem long ago I bought the UA Apollo firewire interface. Then I swapped it out for Thunderbolt. Then that card went in the trash to make way for Thunderbolt 2. Same with my externals. I've got about 4 useless LaCie firewire 800 drives as paperweights. All this happened in less than 5 years. Top notch gear is garbage now. I'm not even bothering to keep up any more.