Looking to create this sound

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Oscar, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Oscar

Oscar Newbie

First off sorry if I have posted this is the wrong section!

Looking for some help trying to create this kind of stab sound and any other tips people might have for making this kind of deep berlin techno, along the lines of skudge, dettmann, huntemann etc

Starts coming in around 17 seconds, already have a kind of basic stab sound made in sylenth and was thinking along the lines of this to keep it to minor chords, band pass filter taking out the low and extreme highs and focusing on the mids and a reverb with slightly more wet than dry. have a wide varity of vsts running so if anyone can recommend one that will give a better sound, and as far as plug ins go mainly use sound toys.

[Flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qcJ_txR9o[/flash]

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Any kind of synth playing a chord (subtractive, FM, wavetable, etc). Adjust ADSR to taste. Maybe add LP filter envelope for some more "pluck". Add a bandpass sweep (slow-ish sine LFO) to make it more animated.

You could also try to add a comb filter and automate a delay (time, feedback, degradation, etc) for extra spice. Automate panning, automate adsr or filter envelopes, etc etc. There are no limitations to what you can do (only your mind sets the boundaries).

4. Ramunas

Ramunas Newbie

Pass synth chord through vocoder (for example in reason) as a modulator use percussion loop :)