Looking to create a private group for synth presets.. Make life easier for us!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by TruBlood, Mar 24, 2017.

1. dddavidp

dddavidp Newbie

Well it seems to me that we ought to establish a few things, namely:

1. Where do we upload them? - Well, here sounds fine to me, patches aren't all that big.
    2. How do we sort them? - I'm a big fan of putting stuff in brackets "[example]", so how about we do [Massive], [Sylenth1], [Serum], etc?
    3. How do we name the patches? - I propose doing what Nexus does, their patches have 2-3 characters at the beginning in all-caps to identify what the fudge the preset is. Here are some examples:

LD patchName
    BS patchName
    PD patchName
    FX patchName
    DRM patchName
    SEQ patchName
    ARP patchName
    PN patchName
    PL patchName
    etc

And then people can decide whether to give them an actual name or just identify what kind of sound they are. For example:

PN Avicii vs PN House vs PN Nice n bright (I don't recall what his genre is, just using his name cuz he uses piano sometimes)
    LD Skrillex vs LD Dubstep vs LD Rly D@mn Gritty
    BS Tiesto vs BS Trance vs BS Delay Me!

How does this sound?

2. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

It's starting to get like fucking YouTube on here. Can't look at one thread without some bitch-fit breaking out. For fuck sake, pull it together! All here for a reason, yet all some people want to do is argue. Grow the fuck up!

3. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

Props, keep me posted... keen as!

Don't hate the haters, the more patches the better I say... lets raise the noise floor and drown out the kients

4. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I dont think that he meant "a private group" but a group of 4 o 5 members that are comitted to and willing to spend the time and effort that this project would take.

5. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Wise words, wise words...that most likely would fall on deaf ears.

6. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

I wouldn't be surprised. Sadly this seems to be the way of the world now. You would think that being on a site where we all share one common passion, people would get along better than on sites like YouTube, but that's just wishful thinking.

7. virusg

virusg Rock Star

you want to hear the greatest soundesign trick?

a pluck/key can be a bass 2 octaves or even 3 lower ...a pad can be an interesting atmosphere 2 octaves lower ...a brass can be a growling bass 2 octaves lower ...the main trick consists in to try all sounds in upper and lower octaves and you can have infinite variations ...

with this occasion i want to thank Army of Ninjas for his packs ...i liked how you separated by bank fxb (not by preset fxp) ...appreciate it!

8. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks virusg. The collection of sylenth presets is probably around 70,000 individual presets. I don't think anyone wants to load those one by one. So I release everything in fxb format. :)