Looking to create a private group for synth presets.. Make life easier for us!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by TruBlood, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Well....I think the OP's idea of being able to find presets in one place definitely flies. I don't think he meant a private group to share between themselves only, so that word 'private' was wrongly used. A better idea would be to suggest that the forum be sub-divided more or that a new sub-forum for presets be created. No need for anything private and all sharing for the common good. However, how many of those presets would be from commercial sets and how could that be monitored?

2. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Are we talking in an educational sense here? Like sharing presets we created in order to become better in sound design?

That would be interesting.

I have Massive, Monark and Serum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I have created a wavetable sound bank that includes all sorts of ride cymbals. Can i join ?

5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

This would actually be a great idea.

It doesn't matter if someone isn't interested to program his own patches (I know I don't). The main point would be as you mentionned to provide a new service to our community.

If someone is only interested by programming then he can pass, nobody is forcing him to download anything but I believe that many people would be happy to find all the patches/soundbank of a particular synth in one place instead of having to search them everywhere. A time saver I would say.

6. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Monthly new release with Massive,Serum,Omnisphere,Sylenth,Spire in 1 Zip all categorized and in folders.. 1 click download. Come on guys can we work together here to save hours of our lives. If you don't want the presets or packs and just make your own (probably shitty ones) then go for it but to us competitive producers this will benefit us greatly.

7. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Letting everyone contribute is a bad idea. People aren't careful with naming etc. Take a look at any torrent containing a collection of soundbanks to prove this fact. In my experience, whenever anyone has sent me a collection of sylenth banks to add in to my collection, invariably, I have to do 5 hours of research to find out what some of the banks even are. And in the end, they are all just duplicates of what I have already. Only named worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

This needs to happen, it would be a HUGE time saver and benefit to all of us.

9. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@TruBlood
    For what it's worth, i may have teased ya on them rides , and more or less i have a very different idea of what makes a producer competitive but what Army of Ninjas said is very true. And what you guys are trying to pull, can ultimately be useful for a bunch of peeps, so ,
    Best of luck:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

It's all good lol not only would this be good for audioz but it would attract tons of producers to this website and community. Which would be good for all of us.

11. Kloud

Kloud Guest

I still think it be useful to many people also :yes:
    If certain people don't like it or think the quality is whatever then they can just ignore it I reckon :dunno:
    Personally speaking that Kontakt wallpaper thread at 166 pages or whatever is absolutely No use to myself as I can't use & also don't wan't to use wallpapers. However that's just me :yes:
    It's very useful for many other users so where's the harm :dunno:
    Ultimately though they doing something positive and helpful to a certain proportion of the community which is real cool imo :yes:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  12. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I mean just saving time not having to unzip, download is half the battle not to mention all the libraries will be there to explore and use/learn from.

13. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

And just so you know mainly my idea was to take the best scene releases for each synthesizer but I would love to have Army of Ninja Stuff and our own contributions as well.

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@TruBlood most of AoN's stuff is already available..."somewhere"

It's a good idea... maybe edit your post title so people don't get the idea it's some sort of exclusive club for an in-group
    which we already went through a big hullabaloo over that kind of situation in 2015... but apparently before your time

if it's about sharing with the community for everyone's benefit, then probably many people would like to help out..

I'm pretty sure @Army of Ninjas is very knowledgeable on this, and he has a record of fine contributions for us all

15. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I'm just saying half the time us producers are crate digging or looking for presets to use. This will let us spend more time in the DAW, which is where we need to be.

16. stevenstanderman

stevenstanderman Member

Hey guys,

Any movement on this? Keen to contribute and get something going together :)

17. stevenstanderman

stevenstanderman Member

I think this hits the nail on the head, if we all come together we can help each other. I love this place so let's celebrate the community we have here. Perhaps instead of naming this as a Private group we could simply assign a few people to keep the packs in order (updating the naming and categories so things don't get messy) There are so many good banks out there but so many only really have 4-5 decent sounds and the rest are a little on the filler side. If we respect everyones ears we can make this a brilliant resource for quicker producing and time saving when writing, understanding how well programmed sounds are put together and learn from quality sound design.

18. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

An interest / genre based subdivision (group) would be a nice thing.
    Not anyone is interested in all genre.

I am interested in:

• Psytrance
    • Goa
    • Progressive Trance
    • Chillout
    • Psy Chill
    • Downtempo
    • Trip-Hop
      MassiveAttack, Morcheeba, Sneakers Pimps ....
    • Ambient

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  19. dddavidp

dddavidp Newbie

I got a LOT of massive and sylenth1 presets. How would I get involved?

20. SiNTENDO

SiNTENDO Newbie

I concur! I am keen for some presets too :)