Looking to buy Steinberg Cubase

Discussion in 'Selling / Buying' started by Bunford, May 21, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm looking to purchase these, so if you have either to sell, feel free to give me a shout!

Cheers!

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I got access to someone with a University email who's a current student so I can buy the EDU one through them if need be. That's what I have done in the past when I was a student. Identical product with no limitations, except cheaper. The only issue is if you need to re-sell as you can;t usually re-sell an EDU license, but seeing I usually upgrade anyway that issue goes away once I upgrade :)

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Cool, the retail on ebay costs the same as edu though, unless you can get edu even cheaper.

6. Cashmeere

Cashmeere Guest

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

No cath imo, i bought the upgrade to 9er for 80$ from a guy from India, on ebay, i shit you not.
    There is also a guy i keep seeing from Cyprus selling legit copies of 8.5 pro for 250$, though havent seen him lately.

8. Cashmeere

Cashmeere Guest

That's mad, I'll keep a lookout

9. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I assume this meant £50 cheaper than education license in the UK? Not sure where you buy stuff from, but it's £250 for the EDU version of Pro 9 in UK: https://www.gak.co.uk/en/steinberg-...XHhZqV-Z2k3R_gTCbKQAXjC3H7WuvJKJTsaAgg58P8HAQ

Though granted, with current exchange rate you will save about £10/15 in buying this. Personally I'd rather go through a reputable seller for that difference, even if the Polish, Indian or Cypriot guys are legit, just for peace of mind of dealing with any possible issues too.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Cashmeere yeah it's not that far out of a price ... some of us here got CB 8.5 for around $265 last year...
    Steinberg does run sales from time to time ....if you can wait until late summer and see if they run it again

otherwise that ebay price might be as good as it gets...

11. shomyca

shomyca Producer

I bought edu version on amazon with no student id... no questions asked, all's fine.

12. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

Mixcraft 8 is better son and lots of free libraries

13. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

No offence, but "son"???? Whodafuq are you? :rofl:

Never tried Mixcraft but I doubt it is in the same league as Cubase from what I have read etc and its user base!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. surprise

surprise Newbie

Don't buy Liquid Notes. Cubase's 'Chord Track' feature does the same job and much more.

15. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

yes, Cubase 9 pro can be VERY complex if you dive into it deep.
    Espcially chordtrack mixed with a basic knowledge can do a LOTfor your music!
    also watch and listen to this guy he has LOTS of good videos it takes time to watch, but u get a clue what its alle abt:

16. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Sold! And thread title changed :)

17. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I used Chord Track in its first iteration. Was it Cubase 7 maybe? Back then, I thought it was pretty flimsy so didn't bother much with it. I assume either I wasn't using it properly or its been refined since then?

18. jefft

jefft Producer

Just sold my version of Cubase 8.5 after using Steinberg since the eighties, and jumped ship to Presonus Studio One 3 pro, the same deal applies if your buying the edu version via your friend. Certainly check out Studio One, IMHO its far more stable and has a faster workflow, and you don't have to fork out £££s to Steinberg to not fix the bugs

19. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I previously used Cubase and, like you, jumped ship to Studio One. I now use Studio One as it stated in my signature and its failing miserably in what I need it to do it seems, hence why I'm looking to go back to Cubase.

As an example, 5 instances of VE Pro (VST3) with empty Kontakt instances in each connected to Studio One is showing up a 40-50% CPU usage in Studio One. That would be ok in use, but that's at idle with no MIDI or audio data loaded, no Kontakt instruments loaded into the VE Pro and no other VST plugins loaded into Studio One. The lowest it seems to drop to in this scenario is about 35%, but does spike to 100% every few seconds causing pops. When I use the VST2 VE Pro instead of VST3, it gets even worse by adding 10% odd to the CPU usage. My machine isn't a slouch either (in signature) and this should definitely not be happening.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry to say, but looks like it's back to Cubase with my tail between my legs, and I hope you don;t have the same kind of issues!