looking for this Steelpan Sound

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Dec 23, 2021.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

hi, anyone know how to get close to this Steelpan Sound ?
    i dont know...is it just a Steel Pan or is it layered with something else ?
    Im Looking for this Sound for so long...have tested multimple Kontakt Librarys and Synth´s but i cant find anything that is close to the Original
    I hope anyone knows the Preset of this, can hear the Effect Chain or something, Thank you !

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

Ueberschall Steel Pan for elastik player?
    Indigisounds Steelpan Samples?

4. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

8Dio Studio Steel Drum
    Sonokinetic Steelpan
    Spitfire Audio Steel Drums

5. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

i have tried :
    The Triton Steel Pans
    8Dio Studio Steel Drum
    Sonokinetic Steelpan
    Indigisounds Steelpan
    Soniccouture Pan Drums
    Impact Soundworks Shou Drums
    Ufo tones

ouh....i think i have almost tried all Steel Pan Librarys out there..
    But in my example it sounds like there is something layerd with the Steelpan.
    I hope anyone can hear what it is....also the Hand Slap is very in front of the Sound

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

This probably isn't of much help, but when I hear the higher parts of the notes in that intro part, I'm not hearing that steel pan sound, as it doesn't quite ring out, and it sounds very artificial. The bass notes sound more steel pan-like, but the treble notes sound more of a keyboard sound of some sort (almost a higher octave synthesized/fm/etc piano or something). So I'm not sure if there's layering there, as you said, or if it is what my ears are telling me, and that the treble and bass parts are actually different instruments that just sound kinda similar when put together.

Put another way, try just the bass notes (which hit one every half note I think) as the steel pan.. it should have a fairly quick decay (based on the song).. and for the treble note, experiment with some other instruments like electric pianos or synthesized pianos of some sort... or whatever else your ears might here with that.. but I don't personally think that higher part is steel pan.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021