Looking for Testimonials on AKG Replacement Pads [Solved]

Discussion in 'Studio' started by eXACT_Beats_, Apr 23, 2023.

1. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I need to replace the earpads on my pair of AKG 240 Studio and there's at least a few different companies that make them, in a handful of different styles. I was curious if anyone could recommend any particular pair due to comfort, longevity, or just overall quality... or, alternately, give me a heads-up if any of them are ill-fitting, uncomfortable, of poor construct, or catch fire the day after the warranty expires.
    Thanks in advance.

3. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My little advice is to avoid buying leatherette pads. They are less comfy and don't last as long as velvet ones. Also you won't have to wipe off sweat as it will get soaked in. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I bought ones OEM one made by AKG from Sweetwater for like 9 or 8 bucks each. More comfortable than the originals but didn't use the clip on mounting ring they just were stretch fill pull on type where you have to pull them over the frame and the elasticity of the backing vinyl holds them in place.

They work, IDK what to say other than that. They didn't jump out of the box and offer sexual favors or cut my lawn, they just sit on the headphones all day and all night and just keep the frame from pushing on my head when I wear them.

They are the pleather ones, if you want something else look outside of the OEM replacements.

7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I actually found a bunch of leads on Head-Fi to other sites with people weighing in on pads, so that was actually helpful. :bow:

This is the only place I've seen that mentioned. Good to know. :yes:

No sexual favors *or* lawn-care?!?! Well, I think it goes without saying that I won't be purchasing *those. They'd probably just end up hanging out with my guitar that I have which absolutely *refuses to do the dishes, or even vacuum. Worthless. :sad:

=================================================================================

I'm going to close this thread as I've actually found quite a few useful links from the Head-Fi site.

I appreciate all of the responses. :bow: