Looking for SSL MLC-1 Talkback Mic Compressor (Mac)

Discussion in 'Software' started by 5teezo, Oct 4, 2018.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Hi,

I am looking for the this free plugin:

http://www.solid-state-logic.co.jp/music/LMC-1/index.html

I can't find it anywhere on the net. SSL has taken it off of their site since it's only compatible with PowerPCs and not Intel CPUs. But I wonder if it could be resurrected with 32 Lives. It's just bananas on Drums on a parallel buss.

So if anybody still has an installer for that, please PM me.

Some interesting insight into the Talkback Mic Comp Technique:

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/classic-tracks-phil-collins-air-tonight-365521

Thank you.

3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

32 Lives can only run 32-bit (Intel) apps. PPC apps cannot run, the code is fundamentally incompatible with modern computers, so even if you find it, it will be useless.

It was a fun plug, but you can obtain similar effects with modern compressors if you slam them and perhaps use a bit of grit.

Or you could get the PPC or Win version, and run it in a VM to destructively process audio, if you really need it...

Note: they incorporated the LMC code into the "Drumstrip" plugin, if you need a modern version of it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

As an alternative, I find that Audio Damage Rough Rider can produce similar sounding results. Softube Valley people Dyna-mite can sound even better than both, but it's pretty expensive for a compressor plugin. Having said that, I still find myself using the SSL version in parallel when I need something squashed quick and dirty. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Basically you're asking for "can I run Android games if I install a 32-bit version of Windows 10". Yes, Android is (most of the time) 32-bit, but it also uses ARM processors and those are different. It doesn't work that way. PowerPC works completely different from x86. You could perhaps try running a classic Mac emulator, but really, I'd say it's not worth the hassle. Just get any other trashy-sounding compressor. Even 1176 should do.

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Thanks for the info. Too bad, there's no chance to get it running.