Looking for specific Reaper theme recommendations

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Bunford, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have previously tried Reaper 3 and 4 and just didn't click with it. I think a lot of this was because of the visuals as I am a very visual worker and get inspired and motivated by the look of things.

I tend to prefer darker themes on DAWs and also.something that looks 'real' would be good, especially for the mixer. For example, I love the Harrison Mixbus 32C mixer view. As for the arrangement and edit windows, I tend to be less prescriptive but prefer clean, modern and darker looks, probably akin to Cubase, Studio One or Ableton as they are what I am historically used to.

So, based on that, any suggestions so I can try and 'click' better with Reaper this time as I love the idea of the customizability of it and so on.

3. Beth

Beth Guest

4. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Commala 5, Janne2016II & Pauli are themes which I like.

5. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

6. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Already a few nice options, but thought I'd mention this one that's in the works as I think it matches your description of what you're after.

… shouldn't be too long … :boombox:

Concerto Theme

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Very nice looking, but not what I'm looking for. Looks too 'futuristic' for my taste.

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

9. Kloud

Kloud Guest

There so many cool themes for Reaper for dark realistic type try Analog API Theme

[​IMG]

Outside that some other good ones are say

Blackface
    http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1291/TheBlackface.ReaperThemeZip
    Reaborn Dark Pro
    http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=97704
    AlterEgoBlackXMOD
    http://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1454/Alter Ego Black Xmod.ReaperThemeZip

XXRevolution2 BETA is one of my personal fav's & anything by Albert C always way cool & u can always darken it by messing with custom colour modes etc in menu for waveforms etc
    [​IMG]

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

What theme is this pic?

11. Kloud

Kloud Guest

12. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Fab. Cheers for this. The pic in earlier post seems like an older version as the latest released seems more refined and less saturated in terms of how vivid the colours are, which is obviously a good thing!

One question though, as I'm yet to really start up and delve into Reaper, is there an easy way to change the meter colours from blue to more traditional green, yellow, amber, red?

13. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Hmmm could vary - some themes have dedicated colours that you will have to unpack to modify but it can be done.

First thing to try though is the theme editor. Lot of people miss this one as they have moved it to action list i.e

Go to Actions -> Then search for Theme Development & Show Theme tweak/Config window - double click & a load of options will open up as in changing the colours of meters & loads of stuff.

IF the theme itself has dedicated configuration is likely you might need to unpack & modify a few command lists outside the theme itself having it built in. You could do similar in graphics editor etc.

First option could well be all you need though after you loaded you're theme of choice :bow:

14. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Cheers for the info! Will give it a stab once it's booted up after scanning all my VSTs! :wink:

15. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah just tried it myself again & it does work. Even with your theme for example
    Once you have the Theme Development options showing in Actions list, simply click on LOAD & your theme will be listed.
    You can then vary all the colours pretty quickly even say within the theme itself.
    Is quite cool actually :yes: :bow:

16. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Albert C Solaris Pro and Prologix V1.