Looking for something similar to Nexus 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by RedBull92, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RedBull92

RedBull92 Newbie

hey guys. I´m wondering if theres a similar vst to nexus 2 which has a bunch of useful sounds for urban production. I´m not a good sound designer (I just know the basics) and I´m looking for a vst that has great sounding presets which are usable for urban production.... I have a bunch of vst´s but those presets are mostly definitely NOT useable for urban production.. to be honest with you I don´t even know why those sound designers can´t make sounds which are usable for modern urban producers... it seems they just want to show what the vst can do and they are only making weird sounds which aren´t usable smh..

any suggestions ? I´m missing nexus 2 because it had so much USABLE sounds for modern urban producers and you don´t have to tweak 100 knobs until you get a sound which could fit in any beat you´re currently working on.

3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

No sound will fit in with every beat you make. At least not well. ;)

4. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

army of ninjas, any eta on a new sylenth pack :mates:

5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I like Nexus 2 and it has some excellent sounds (even the stock ones) and contrary to popular belief you can make great patches from scratch using the supplied saw, square, sine etc. Even editing the supplied patches requires an ok knowledge of synths.

But Nexus is unique in the quality, reusability, tweaking of the soundpacks that you can buy... and that's it's selling point. You can achieve all the sounds using any other synth by tweaking or buying preset packs.
    Each synth has it's strong point and Nexus just happens to have what you need... ease of use.
    So given your situation I would save the cash and go for Nexus.

Sylenth or Omnisphere or 2 great synths that have good stock presets, but I find Omnisphere has too many and I spend ages trawling through sounds.

I've spent years making sounds and still enjoy it now and again, but these days I rather get a close sound and tweak it. I've no time to spend making presets that probably already exist in my library and they are probably better than mine anyway :rofl:

6. RedBull92

RedBull92 Newbie

lol you did´t get it... I know but I´m just asking for a similar ''allrounder or go-to'' vst like nexus 2 was...the presets were cool and useable.. the sounds were pretty simple, nothing to complex but those are the sounds I´m looking for right now for my urban productions.
    One vst which comes CLOSE to nexus 2 is halion sonic 2.. the sounds in those vst´s aren´t much complex but they are all usable for modern urban productions.

I´m just looking for a good high quality allrounder vst without just complex sounds.The presets in some vst´s I got are COOL concerning complex weird sound design but not USABLE for urban producers.

7. Ralph97

Ralph97 Newbie

Save the cash for Nexus, you won't regret it :wink:

8. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

Much easier to come across a preset close to what you want then be able to tweak it to work. Comes second nature after while. Most vsts are setup the same anyways just like most daws. You get to know a few and you are g2g.

Gonna have to do it sooner or later if you wish to be better at the craft.

Far as vsts...would be helpful if we knew what vsts you already have?

Sylenth1 and Ni Massive probably have the most presets ever made ever so i would start there if you dont have them already.

Shout out to AON for the Sylenth skin and the preset pack. Shit was so damn gangsta...

9. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Any vsti wich can open sfz format

10. RedBull92

RedBull92 Newbie

I got sylenth1 and massive already.. it´s very cool for leads and other synthy sounds but nexus was more of a ''allrounder''... it had like really all kinds of sounds and I think that pretty much every sound was usable in every beat I made back then when I started.. but maybe I was just impressed as a ''newbie'' at that time when I first started making beats lol

11. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks man. :mates: