Looking for some Softube Console 1 advice

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Bunford, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I was wanting one of these anyway, but with the MkII being released I am definitely wanting one. It is quite refreshing to see a company looking to make genuine efficiency saving in a refresh of a product and actually finding a way to pass that efficiency onto the customer by selling it much cheaper too! Fair play to Softube for that I say!

Anyway, I am just wondering if I get one of these, how do non-genuine Softube plugins play with it and it is possible to use Console 1 legit and other non-legit Softube plugs? Also, is it possible to use the hardware with the non-legit Console 1 unit?

Cheers in advance for any advice!

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Before I bought Console 1 I had all of the not very legit Softube plugins. But the two won't go together. Choose you must.

4. Mayson656

Mayson656 Noisemaker

Bro thats not true, I have legit Console1mk11 and the softube bundle from the sister site,

Both work just fine together, but if you use studio one like I do then studio one must be ran in windows 8 compatibility mode for the softube plugs to work

What does not work though is the k'd console1 plugin with the Mk11 hardware - I really wanted this to work so I could use the SL9000k console, oh well I'll just have to buy that legit... its REEEEEEAAAALLY worth it though, SSL9000k sounds so good, even my girlfriend could her the difference
    would be great if we could have a k'd console1 MK11 plugin though for the other desk emulations - but sometimes you just gotta buy legit

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mayson656

Mayson656 Noisemaker

And to Bunford, if you're asking if you can swap the eqs, comps etc in console1 with the k'd softube plugins then you CAN,
    again though Im using MK11 Console1 hardware and the updated software, not sure if that makes a difference... I even have the legit C1 plugin with the k'd plugs in the same folder - no problem here

6. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Must be different on Mac. We're talking about the old ssh.dylib system trick I think (I've forgotten what it's called) but it broke Console 1 for me until I removed it.

7. Mayson656

Mayson656 Noisemaker

ah ok cool, i'm on win here, I have my mac in a box ready to be sold

8. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

@tooloud

Have you tried the Adobe-patched versions of these? Search for Adobe-patched on sister site, these leaves the original dylib in peace for other plugins/soft to work.

K-))

9. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I'll check it out. Thanks.

10. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Is that the same as the bundle of mayhem package? The cosmic squid one?