Looking For Some Good Choir & Strings Librarys

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrAnonymous, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Basically what the title says.

Im looking for Some Good Choir & Strings Librarys for Kontakt or even something like Miroslav Philharmonik. I tried Sample tank 3 with disk 4 and 6 but was highly disappointed so I'm looking for something better then that..

3. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Soundiron : Mars Symphonic Men's Choir
    Soundiron : Olympus Symphonic Choir
    Soundiron : Venus Symphonic Women's Choir

By the way i use omnisphere 2 , it has some amazing choir patches

Spitfire Stuff Strings libraries are awesome anything else it depend on what genre you are working at

PS : i was using "Dan Dean Solo Strings ADVANCED" since a long time ago even since kontakt 2 & it has some great sounding

4. dmoll

dmoll Ultrasonic

all from native isntruemtnst the best

5. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

For Strings there's too much out there to recommend one in particular, it all depends on whatt size of ensemble you want, the type of music you'll be using it for, the type of vibe you want etc.

If you provide more details I could tell you which ones to go for :wink:

For choirs, the 8dio ones (Requiem + liberis) are my go-to. They require some EQing (there's a lot of low frequency rumble in the samples) but it's worth the sound you're getting, these libraries sound fantastic. That's if you're going with over the top epic.

If you want a "local church" vibe, go with cinesamples Voxos

6. toshfox

toshfox Noisemaker

+1 for requiem pro and the old ewql choirs which still work well

For strings : Spitfire Sable/Mural for emotional strings
    and cinematic strings 2 for big epic style

(strings sound good if u know how to use the volume/expression/vibrato knobs tho )

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Spitfire for strings without hesitation.

Regarding choirs, it all depends what you are after. My first choice would be Soundiron.

8. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

If you're looking for something a little different from a choir...

https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/RHODOPE:%20Ethnic%20Bulgarian%20Choir.html

9. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

for strings, it all depends on your genre and sound you're after

if you need pad-type slow speed lush strings, CS2 is the best sounding string library all-around by far (and GUI is cool).
    Hollywood Strings falls into the same category, but I have no experience with it, so I would not say much.

but if you need more details of each divisi/players etc, you should consider berlin strings, LASS or Spitfire.
    Berlin Strings is complicated to use (GUI) but sounds better (modern) than Spitfire which is very baroque but easier to use.
    LASS is good for chamber sound, quartets.

Native Instruments would be my choice for fast-tempo pop using staccatos or stuff like that.

10. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i did open an old project and i was using some patches from "Hideaway Studio The Pentodian Resonator Choir KONTAKT"
    i thought if you want some synth choir "The Pentodian Resonator Choir" is a good to go , by the way Hideaway Studio they got some amazing libraries

11. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I use EWQL Hollywood Strings Gold for strings. It works amazingly. But it requires an iLok 2 dongle for activation and use. But it's worth every penny, IMO. It's good for virtually any genre as I compose music for a number of things like scoring films, video games, different Bands/Artists, and even for my own albums released in stores. From Rock, pop, cinematic, EDM, dubstep, metal, ambient, house, chillwave, reggae, new age, indie, rap, R&B, blues, country, you name it. So I generally don't have a specific genre. Lol. But I find Hollywood strings useful for everything. Also +1 for Spitfire Audio, 8Dio, and Cinesamples for choirs and strings. For choirs sometimes I use RealiTone's RealiVox Blue, also. It has an ensemble mode for multi-singer choirs. And it's only 2 GB, so it doesn't take up hard drive space and/or CPU; resources. I don't like Native Instruments' string libraries. They are outdated and a little bit cheesy, IMHO. But maybe look into VSL String libraries for Vienna Instruments player - If you can afford it. And EWQL's Symphonic Choirs or Voices of Passion is pretty decent, also. Like others said, it depends on what genre you're after, and what you're aiming for, as there are so many options out there that it's difficult to pin down just one or two. :unsure:

Hope this helps! And best of luck. :mates: :thumbsup: :bow:

12. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Choirs East West above all but iBloked! But like said above worth the money.

If you serious about it try and get the discounted composers bundle East West Choirs, Hollywood Strings & a lot more but if u not comfortable with using dongle then its a no I guess.

Other than that the Vienna Strings amazing but same problem as above so your other options Spitfire (Pricey)

Of course for top quality stuff u gonna pay more but u can get great results with some of the stuff mentioned.

Sampletank a *no* full stop for me personally but that's just me.

Some of the Kontakt Libraries are good but maybe try for something with its own dedicated engine ie East West etc

Many of the Kontakt Choir/String libraries sound a bit "clonish" to me exception maybe being Spitfire but they getting ridiculous now.

Maybe look for some good cheap alternatives. Good luck :wink: