Looking for PC MoBo with lots of memory and PCIe slots

Discussion in 'PC' started by Pure Energy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Come on now...you know EEC was a typo..right?

It's quite obvious that you either do not need anything substantial computer-wise or?.

Others do. I am running Logic Pro X on a 2104 Mac Book Air and doing fine. I know not to push it. For serious work, other systems are used. Like my home workstation the S30.

It is quite easy to have multiple systems working on different tasks, running different DAWs, syncing & transferring data.

Yesterday Neil Parfitt posted a video showing his system layout & also explained the how, what & why. Dorkfest Part 1! My Studio Workflow: The Hardware

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Thanks for the concern, I'm running my workstation on i7-8700K with 64 GB of RAM and 1TB of Samsung 970 EVO, plus storage HDDs. I'm pretty sure Macbook Air wouldn't cut the mustard for me.
    This is actually a very specific workload, mostly geared to the fact he values convenience and he's working around quick turnaround times demanded by TV production. Overkill for just about everyone but the select few.

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

These types of setups can be be scaled from basic to intricate. Most serious composers & producers have something similar in the scaled form that fits their current requirements. The key one is VEP (Vienna Ensemble Pro) is on a dedicated system. This is the best way to use that software.

4. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Tell me about it, I use VEP for decoupling projects from samples on my workstation :)