Looking for Logic X 10.3.2 auvaltool

Discussion in 'Logic' started by smoke, Jan 7, 2018.

1. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Hi to all, I'm looking for someone who has the Logic Pro X version 10.3.2 and who can send me a copy of the auvaltool situated under /usr/bin/. I've updated to Logic Pro X 10.3.3 and now Spire 1.0.20 crashes on validation but I've an important project with this plugin.

Is there anyone could help me?

Thank you

3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Many plugins that don't pass validation still work fine.
    try opening the plugin manager > scroll to where Spire is on the list > tick the "Use" checkbox. (restart logic- might not need to - can't remember) then try again.
    That has always worked for me

4. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Won't work this time because I just 'discovered' the same problem when opening an older project with Spire 1.0.20 included. So I'm also interested in finding a solution!

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Just talked with someone else who updated both logic to latest version & macos to high sierra and Spire1.0 does not load. He thought it was a macos upgrade issue but given your case, it appears to be logic issue (auvaltool does not change when logic is upgraded, only when macos is upgraded).

Downgrade Logic and sort out the conflicting project(s). Then make your important projects (or even all) daw-agnostic by bouncing the stems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  6. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

Hi,

unfortunately, the downgrade to LPX 10.3.2 did not work for me spire still crashes when I try to load it :(
    any other suggestions… :unsure:

I am on OS High sierra had no problem with it on Sierra….:guru:

7. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Guys it's not an auvaltool and/or Logic Pro X 10.3.3 issue. It's an update issue. I receive the beta updates for devs and the last one, made some days ago, has changed some framework I think. To be sure I created a virtual machine with macOS 10.12.6(without beta updates) and Logic Pro X 10.3.3, it works. I already written a feedback to Apple but I think it's really difficult to have an answer about this problem.

8. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

I think there's no solution on the new macOS and it's why I'm not update the O.S.

9. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Wait a minute, I still use Sierra 10.12.6 and working with Logic 10.3.3. so if I've read the above posts correctly, it should work, but it doesn't .. how come? :dunno:

10. tone

tone Member

10.3.3 on HS 10.13.2 here. Spire 1.1 works fine, although, I do use "Validate all AU's" app.

11. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

1.1.13 works fine yes but the problem is > older projects with 1.0.20 included :yes:

12. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

you could try the force au validation utility

13. tone

tone Member

mm..ok. I would have thought a more recent .version would have automatically been used in the logic project. If OP installs a more recent .version (mine is 1.2.20, I think), would'nt it be able to "replace" the version used in the said logic project?

14. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Hmz not sure if I want to mess up things. It's not a really big deal after all. Just wondering.
    Same story for the workaround from this vid >

Unfortunately not because it's the same thing when developers go from plug-in version 1 to version 2, RevealSound called it 1.1 instead (it's a bit confusing yes). Btw as far as I know there's no version 1.2.20 haha, 1.0.20 was the last one from the previous version and 1.1.13 the latest. Which started with 1.1.1 obviously. But I guess the problem has to do something with Logic 10.3.3 and or Sierra 10.12.6 and higher. Although above posts tell the opposite.

15. tone

tone Member

I see...yeah, its 1.1.2 ( build 3844) :wink:

16. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Which build of 10.12.6 do you have? and which version of Logic did you use when your project was edited last time?
    Are you sure the problem is in the validation of the plugin and not in the project?
    The auvaltool has not been updated since July 2017

17. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

OS X = 16G1114, used Logic version when edited > no idea, but I don't think that's relevant because - as you know - I don't have to open an older project to see if a plug-in fails validation or not (even with forcing it in the Plug-in Manager). So yes it's a validation issue that didn't occur the last time I opened some older work with this synth installed, using previous Logic and or OS X versions. Not sure anymore though when the last time was. But it could be before July 2017. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was. So that must be the reason after all I guess?

18. GeminiCount

GeminiCount Member

You have to remove all traces of the new version of Spire in order to get the old one to work. It has nothing to do with auvatool.

19. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Your problem is not related to the macOS update but probably something that doesn't work on your system or something you had mod.
    I attach a screenshot with your configuration where spire 1.0.20 and 1.1.13 work fine.

Attached Files:

20. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Okay, so I removed everything that was related to RevealSound and or Spire. Also did a restart, just to be sure.
    I installed 1.0.20, opened Logic and received once again the following crash report (and yes I also tried to force it in the manager) >
    Installed 1.1.13 and that one is just working fine.

So I don't know why it won't work. Like I said, it's not a big issue, I'm only missing some settings in older projects that might be useful for a rework someday. However, I have one tutorial pack with a Logic project included, would be nice to have those presets working again. Maybe someone can save them so I can re-open them in the latest Spire version. That shouldn't be a problem.

21. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Do you have also a crash report?
    If you need help for the project in the tutorial pack send me a pm.