Looking for HQ stock *sound effects*

Discussion in 'samples' started by canbi, May 9, 2024.

1. canbi

canbi Ultrasonic

I am doing an video project and I'm looking for high quality (>=44100 Hz samplerate, lossless, ≈fullband) stock sounds. Trivial things, like light switch sounds, bag rumbles, laptop shutting, train station recordings... you know what I mean.

Something like Pixabay or SoundSnap but free - I am not spending a single penny on these.

I found various sound effects results on the sister site, however I may download sounds that I could not want, therefore I'm looking for more friendly solution... My current microphone is broken and it was not designed for recording this kinds of sound either.

3. angelinni

angelinni Newbie

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Good call, @angelinni :like:

@canbi - yes, the Sister Site has a good collection of Foley fx packs.
    For example, https://audioz.download/samples/kontakt/119861-download_dumpster-percussion-by-0on3-free.html
    It's not the one you need.

Linking to warez is disallowed here. So, unfortunately, saving you time by pointing out the pack you need would earn me a reprimand from the AS Mods.
    Tho', I am tempted to think that a small hint would spare me from a kick up the arse by @No Avenger :winker:

This---> Boom Library.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

And also The Hollywood Edge. Boom Library looks great but I have not had reason to try it. Hollywood Edge are the most famous ones, and they were the "industry standard" for many,many years. Someone uploaded new rips or new versions of the collection within the past year or two. Finding them should not be hard.

if you want foley but a little more creative, search for "Field Recordings". And "Found Sounds".

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Question: train station recordings. Do you have in mind any particular geolocation, or genre?
    While faffing about in FL Studio years and years ago, I created this. None of the sounds were taken IRL. It's all synth-based. No mic. 100% fake.
    https://freesound.org/people/Diboz/sounds/209935/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Site is "free" but it's like those AI image generator sites, where you need credits you can buy or "earn".

9. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

true, you start with 5 credits though. enough for 5 one-shot samples

10. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

try archive.org, they have a lot of public domain films that you can rip sounds from.
    they have an extensive library of sample disks from the 1990s and later. some are in Akai format, so you have to know how to convert if you don't have an akai sampler handy. you can usually see the format, if its listed as wav its window/mac compatible. if it says iso you will have to investigate further..

11. Neponset

Neponset Ultrasonic

12. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

You can even post the whole title as long as it's not a link. For instance Boom Library BOOM ONE WAV Update 24-05. But if you just c'n'p it, it is a link and you need to remove its formatting.