Looking For High quality home recording course for Beginners - Video Format

Discussion in 'Education' started by photonic, Aug 26, 2018.

1. photonic

photonic Member

Greetings. I learn best with really high quality video learning courses and am looking for the best course for a beginner than wants to start recording in the home - guitar, bass, perhaps some percussion.

I need for it start me at the very beginning.

Can you make a great suggestion for me?

3. photonic

photonic Member

Really......Nothing? Does something like this not exist?????

4. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Everyone learns in different ways moosh, so without knowing your abilities or character its going to have to be a kinda general opinion.

Anywaze, so getting a sub for Sound on Sound won't do any harm, threads here and on slutz that take your interest can help add to your knowledge base.

Start watching everything on the tube thats of a reasonble quality, there are loads of beginner type videos.....also worth remembering that some are aimed at particular DAW's, you didn't say what you're using or intending to use, maybe that needs researched first? Bearing in mind the type of music you intend to produce could influence that decision?

You're going to have to be patient, it ain't a quick process, it never ends............

If you could be a bit more specific about your needs, I (or someone) will try and help you get started.........k

5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    At a hundred bucks, this course will teach you all the basics and beyond. It's very comprehernsive:

https://www.myrecordingrevolution.com/p/rethinkmixing

I've watched his free training courses and he has a lot to offer. However, $600 per course is a lot to let go:

https://hardcoremusicstudio.com/courses/

EDIT: I had skipped this course. Although I haven't seen it, I have Owsinski's book on mixing and he is the gold standard at audio mixing education. Plus a subscription to Lynda is not expensive at all:

https://www.lynda.com/Pro-Tools-tutorials/Audio-Mixing-Master-Class/474059-2.html

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  6. photonic

photonic Member

Thanks! Planning guitar, bass and voice for personal projects in an at home studio using PC and probably Reaper. Pure novice. Thanks mercurysoto, will investigate.