Looking for free mastering

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by Orbit1, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I'm sure someone here has enough knowledge to at least try to turn out a decent return. Come on guys............ this is Audiosex.pro!!!!!!

2. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, Orbit1,

mastering engineers usually ask for somewhat more specific details about your intentions regarding the tracks they intending to work with (about the degree of freedom they will have, needed dynamic range, frequency domain alterations, compression, limiting, analogue treatments, fades, editing possibilities, etc.), could you, please, give these out? *yes*

it might also be quite important to know if you want to use the track(s) for vinyl mastering, radio broadcasting, too, as these output formats certainly do require another go for the needed treatments... *yes*

all the best... :bow:

3. pinnkola

pinnkola Newbie

Orbit

Your .flac track is the same alike your mp3 file (i mean waveform of sound)
    So there is compressor work + limiter work
    When i do mastering of my own track i do render -6-7db without any EQ, compression, limiter etc
    So good idea is to turn off all effects from master buss before render file for mastering.
    all the best :)

4. virusg

virusg Rock Star

here is my version ... :bleh: i saved the project for later edit, so if u have any suggestions ill look forward to them :thumbsup:

5. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

here's my version

https://www.box.com/s/iyk7ghb192oouhaq2wnr

6. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

My intention for this is for it to be released, i want this for radio broadcasting and something to be played in a club, crisp & clean sound
    keep the song as it is no editing and give it the full treatment.

I hope that's what you need, i'm not to sure what this stuff means needed dynamic range, frequency domain alterations?

This my first time for mastering sorry if i seem a little unknowledgeable. thx

7. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

yes, approximately this is what one needs... will the track be cut on ep, lp (vinyl), for the club scene, or will only be released on audio compact disc (or digitally)?

is it possible that you have used compression, levelling, limiting, on your master channel?
    if so, would it be possible to upload one more version of the song without these, with levels (peaks) mixed to about minus three to minus six decibels?

one more question, how urgent is the project (have got time only tomorrow night)?

thanks for your reply, all the best... :bow:

8. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Really man thanks, but the kick sounds a little distorted this is the one i mastered

http://soundcloud.com/orbit1-1/orbit1-special-people-club-mix

Mine and yours sound (besides the kick) almost the same, did you use the Flac?
    you did a good job Thx.

9. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

If it's possible to release it, most likely digitally probably Ep.

It's not urgent take your time with it in fact it's fine because i'm about to move

i'll upload a new one for you minus three to minus six decibels got ya.

10. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

great, Orbit1,

eagerly waiting for the flac (please do not forget to kill the dynamics processing on the master channel for this one, if any)... *yes*

all the best, keep up the good work... :bow:

11. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Orbit1,

Here you have my job on your Song !

[media]https://soundcloud.com/studio555/orbit1-special-people[/media]

Below, you'll find the Plugins used, and above all, their respective snapshots for you to have an idea of their settings in case you want (or need) to replicate them within yours (in case that you also own the same Plugins). You can also use their more or less equivalents from other developers as well, even if the final results can sound a little different...

[​IMG]

I deliberately left a comfortable 'headroom', not only to avoid clipping, distortion,... but also to avoid the 'listening fatigue', as well as to leave you the freedom to add an increase in gain afterwards (e.g. P.A. Power Amplifier, Gain or Volume of a Mixer Desk,... ). An increase in gain of ~ 3-4dB should do the trick...

[​IMG]

First FX used in the Chain FX of the Track : Reaper 'ReaVerb', the Reverb Plugin included in 'Reaper', with very subtle settings just to add a kind of deepness to the whole.

[​IMG]

Second FX used in the Chain FX of the Track : Nomad Factory 'AMT Multi-Max', to add a bit of Loudness to the whole.

[​IMG]

Third FX used in the Chain FX of the Track : Plugin Alliance 'Maag EQ4', to equalize the whole, and in some cases, to boost some frequency ranges.

[​IMG]

FX used independently in the 'Master Track' solely : 'AAY-Audio aStereolizer'. To slightly 'enlarge' the stereo image perception of the Song.

12. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Fantastic :wink: , I'll definitely be looking into those pugins also could you make a link so i can download it
    really appreciate it.

one last thing what Daw is that? thx again :)

13. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Here it is :) -6db & there wasn't any dynamic processing on
    http://soundcloud.com/orbit1-1/orbit1-special-people-flac-1

14. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Really appreciate what all you guys are doing for me just wanna say thanks :bow:
    it means a lot.

15. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Orbit1,

As I don't understand exactly if you're talking for a Link for the 'Mastering' Audio file (in MP3 Format), or rather for the Plugins used, here you have the exact names of these Plugins and some 'clues' to get their 'not so legitimate' versions... :rofl:

On Track 1 :

- 'ReaVerb' is part of the factory Plugins included within the DAW 'Reaper'

- 'AMT Multi-Max' is part of the following 'Nomad Factory' Bundle' : 'Analog Mastering Tools', and is included within the 'Nomad Factory Plugins Bundle v2013 x86 x64 VST RTAS-CHAOS', that you can find within this brother's site ('www.audioz.pro').

More specific info can be found here : Nomad Factory 'Analog Mastering Tools' Homepage

- 'Maag EQ4' is part of the 'Plugin Alliance' Complete Collection that you can also find within this brother's site : 'Plugin Alliance Complete v2013 R2'

More specific info can be found here : 'Maag EQ4' Homepage

On Master Track :

- 'AAY-Audio Stereolizer' can either be found as separate Plugin (with its own name), or also as part of the 'AAY-Audio Bundle'. You can also find it within this brother's site, but it seems that all the Links are dead since long time... Maybe 'Google' can help you here. *yes*

Within this brother's site, simply use the upper left corner 'Search Engine' (greyed rectangle) and type the exact names of each Plugin/Bundle provided above in BOLD characters... and you'll find your happiness ! :wink:

The DAW used here is 'Reaper' (v4.32) by Cockos, but normally you can get an almost identical result with any other DAW as long that you have (use) the same Plugins (with the same settings !), apart for the 'ReaVerb' (proper to 'Reaper'), but you can use any other good Reverb Plugin with appropriate settings.

16. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Yep just need a link for the mp3:) just cuious about the Daw i use Sonar
    thx for doing this :bow:

17. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Orbit1,

As you're 'on-line' right now, I've permitted its download for a while, so you can get it via :

Orbit1 'Special People' Mastering

Just let me know when you got it, this way I can to forbid once again its download, mainly because it's your creation !!! *yes*

18. Toccata

Toccata Guest

Hey Orbit,

I liked your song so I made a couple masters too!
    I created six versions and chose the fifth: Master V

My Chain:
    -Brickwall LP/HP Filters at 30-16kHz (for Vinyl Pressing)
    -Tape Saturation Band 20-329Hz (Accentuate Kick Part 1)
    -Resonant Highpass 67Hz (Accentuate Kick Part 2)
    -Plate Reverb (Spread and Boost High Frequencies)
    -Triode Harmonic Excitation above 225Hz (Increase Presence and 'Apparent' Loudness)
    -Stereo Imaging (Center Bass, Increase Width in Mids & Highs)
    -EQ Kick Boost, 4 Cuts (244, 745, 3847, 5257) (Softened Filter Resonance from Lead)
    -EQ Wide Boost at 2444 (only 2dB)
    -Multiband Compression (-3dB in Lows, -2 in Mids)
    -M/S Limiter (Increase Stereo Image & Volume)
    -Exported to 24bit .wav (no dither)

Dynamic Range is 7-9 (I can go to 5 without artifacts but you'd have to sidechain your kick)
    Sounds Balanced on iPod earbuds, Sennheiser 600 phones, NS10 monitors, and radio speakers.
    Works in Mono.

:hug:

19. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

dude it's like out of control distorted you need to take every thing off and lower it from 5 to 9 db

20. Orbit1

Orbit1 Newbie

Okay i got it, after i get everyones master i'll put the best one on my soundcloud (I'll credit everyone that helped me)

Last thing would you be interested in doing some other mastering for me in the future?
    thanks & your awesome :wink: