Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by elias2tife, Oct 12, 2021 at 10:58 PM.

1. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Hello guys,

I just came back from a long break from music production (got discouraged due to burnout and my music not gaining much attention :-( ) , decided to work on something new and fresh, and this is what I came up with :

I'm trying to inovate by mixing differet genres, orchestral and melodic with trap music, without exceeding 2:30mins max, it's bit complicated since you don't have much space to build up the strings.

I did the mastering myself, I'm still amateurish in that aspect, any feedback to improve the mastering will be welcomed (don't destroy me).

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. SpyFx ✪ ✓

SpyFx ✪ ✓ Producer

Nice one @elias2tife :bow:
    Me likes that you combine/mixing different genres,orchestral and melodic with trap music.
    If done right as in your track it is always good IMO.

^ I love that you blend strings with 808's /trap style beats, my suggestion is to also create Strong music themes/leading voice melodies in your tracks & what better way to do this with solo strings ? :winker:,a solo violin or cello line with good legato/portamento performance would bring to your tracks even more Emotion & nice vibes :wink:
    To conclude keep up the good work,thanks for sharing & have a great day ! :bow::bow::bow:

4. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, I really appreciate it, the track was made taking in consideration doing a collab with a vocalist, it does need something to lead the hearing focus. Hopefully I'll find one soon :yes:

5. Riviera

Riviera Member

Unfortunately, I don't see any particular progress in your works. They're almost the same thing. You pick a harmonic minor key obsessively by chance and put some notes by chance, stick them together and mix with some noises and drums. Your work doesn't have a purpose, and it's more like someone wandering somewhere.:dunno:

6. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Producer

A little harsh.
    The strings remind me of 90's Massive Attack style but i think the track would benefit from a groovy/funkier bass line.
    Peppering a few vocal dubs here and there would add some interest too.

7. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Platinum Record

Why should you care if your music not gaining much attention, just keep working at it, I play and make music because it is my passion and love. I don't care if anyyone else likes it, but then I guess i'm just lucky enough that those I play and perform for really do enjoy and like what I do. I've gone through many stages and musical genres throughout my long life, but always kept evolving, change is essential otherwise you stagnate and get into a rut.
    Just keep working at at, mixing genres and styles is great, you never know what it can give birth to. good luck