Looking for feedback from producers

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by incognito, Mar 14, 2014.

1. incognito

incognito Noisemaker

Hi,
    I'm putting finishing touches on a track and I was wondering if anyone could share some of their wisdom regarding the production. What sticks out and what could be improved in your opinion? Thanks a million:
    http://soundcloud.com/raf-z/only-one-unmastered-demo

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Clickiness of the kick should be enhanced a little bit, can be done with a bright sounding compressor like T-Racks classic comp or Eq boost that frequency, i think its usually 6kHz

4. Dickbrain

Dickbrain Newbie

im not sure if my headphones are dying but I heard some distortion in the pads that you have sidechained opening up in the very intro but cant hear it with the vocal other then that they sound great...kick sits nice for me...the vocal volume really seems all over the place sometimes too soft and sometimes too loud are you using a vocal rider or something?? these build ups are spectacular though really great transitions and im a sap for a heavy side chain so you got me there *yes* other then a few slight adjustments you have a great track!

5. fuad

fuad Producer

Very nice intro, the kick cuts through nicely, the vocal could be turned up 1dB or 2 at the most and could use a touch more compression to make it sit better in the mix because it does get lost at times when more synths are playing, the build up and drop into the chorus is excellent. Use an LA2A compressor on the vocals side it has a nice slow attack and release and easy to make the vocal sit better with it. Love the section that starts at 1:33 and how it builds back up. The bass sits very tightly with the kick and is very nicely done. The distorted bass as well is great, overall great job, a few touches here and there and it will be even better. Love that synth in the end there too

6. incognito

incognito Noisemaker

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your feedback and kind words! I will go over the points you've made and hopefully finish it soon. If anyone else has anything else to add please go ahead.