Looking for comfortable headphones with OK sound

Discussion in 'Studio' started by RobertoCavally, May 13, 2023.

1. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

AKG K-712/612 or K-701/601, depending on budget.

Don't require a massive headphone amp, most interfaces or mixers drive these with ease. Very comfortable to wear, and an open spacious sound. They are not massive in the bass department (as in they will not rattle your skull no matter what you try) which puts some people off. Also open back, which is a consideration.

They'll wrestle my 712s from my cold, dead hands I tells ya.

*edit:* I can't speak for other brands, but Sennheiser and AKG are fantastic in the regard that spares are seemingly available for eternity, in case you need to replace the earpads or drivers or something ten years down the line.

2. clone

clone Audiosexual

AKG will let factory backordered parts sit on order for Eternity. They will wait until they have enough backorders to make it worth their time to do a product type change and make more (sometimes months). They design them so the cables will fail and break if tugged on, to make a cable replacement easier and cheaper for their customer to fix. Which is great, until you order one they have no inventory of; and then your headphones will be waiting on parts. Now their entire manufacturing is done in China, and your part goes on the slow boat.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Ah, they joys of global supply chains.

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Yay. 712 buddies! :hifive: