Looking for audio synth like Antares Kantos (remember that one?)

Discussion in 'Software' started by krakdhaus, Mar 3, 2017.

1. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Producer

Looking for a modern version of Kantos (OS9/WIN... a audio driven synth made by Antares. Don't know why it was never ported over to OSX like all the other Antares plugs at that time.
    http://antares-kantos-vst-rtas.software.informer.com/
    It was a great mono noise-maker... and I'm looking to see if anyone knows of an equivalent.

3. angie

angie Producer

It was a great piece of software! I used it with flute. You can emulate some characteristics with reaktor, which has a nice env follower and a frequency to note converter, you can add filter etc.. but you need a lot of programming. The reaktor ensemble "the mouth" is very good. Madrona labs Virta is cheap and very interesting. Izotope vocal synth is very powerful.. not the same thing however! Kantos was unique.
    I can't understand why it was abandoned. Not to mention other good software like Mercury, Spectral Delay, dr'ts Upbeat etc..

4. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Producer

I can still run it in Windows 10... with JBridgfe and Blue Cat Patchwork (even in Protools). But my main box is an OSX... and I miss that plug! Got a few apps that boast running windows plugs on a Mac.. but haven't messed with them yet.
    Thanks for the tips on the others. Never heard of that Madrona labs Virta... gonna check it out...