Looking for an External Audio Card. (Budget $400 US)

Discussion in 'PC' started by Born, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Born

Born Newbie

A very good day to all.
    I've been searching for quite a while now for an ideal audio card.
    I presently have a Focusrite Saffire 6 and until recently an internal soundcard (Creative Fatality Pro Series~Titaniam) The main reason I stuck to the internal card was because of the studio mix feature which gave me the free option of recording "What you Hear" or system audio though the creative console launcher or through the record options in my DAW (Cakewalk Sonar Platinum). I was also able to use the relative creative ASIO drivers as well. Unfortunately my internal died a couple weeks ago and since then I've been on a frantic search for an external (or another internal as a last alternative) that would accommodate me like the Creative card did. Unfortunately my present external soundcard is not able to record system audio (As confirmed by numerous sources) I've heard the RME cards have that feature, however considering my budget I'm not sure I could by a card of that callibur considering the extortionate prices for shipping and delivery in my country which would bring figures up to 3 times the cost of the product. I do understand that there are workarounds for my situation like installing audacity for recording or learning how to use Cubase, however my main desire is to retain the ease and workflow I once had.

Edit: If computer specs are needed for your suggestions I'd be happy to post them.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List