Looking for alchemy twins mininova preset, daft punk , sound attached

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Apr 8, 2017.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi, Im looking for a vst version of a sound called alchemy twins on the mininova , it is apparently based on aphex twins windowlicker although, I can't really find the sound in that song. This is a pretty specific request, my mininova has a background hum on it and I can't really use it. If anyone knows the sound and a preset in sylenth or massive would be appreciated. I've attached the sound in mp3 format. Its kind of a daft punk type of sound, I know I've heard it somewhere else so hopefully someone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. anthony doyle

This is the sound on youtube

4. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

Man, I have a Novation KS Station that had the same problem with very bad humming. I managed to solve it, by using tape on the audio cable to make left and right touch each other. I will try and attach a photo

5. anthony doyle

Hi, thanks, I didn't realise you could solve the problem, I bought the mininova second hand so I assumed it was because I didn't buy it new. Thanks for the information.

6. anthony doyle

Hi, could you tell me why the tape and getting them to touch one another stopped the humming ? I have a usb audio interface with just one input so I usually go out from the headphones jack

7. anthony doyle

Anyone ? anyone have anything on this ?