Looking for a vst that shows you the EQ and frequency of multiple tracks.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Parasite-B, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Hi, all. As the title says, I'm looking for a vst that I can add to the master output of Studio One, or a bus, that will show me the EQ and frequency of multiple tracks.

I've been working on a song for months and month, now, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to find the right mix/balance to fit all the tracks in, without something being lost or buried.

I don't know if such a thing exists. I've been trying to do this by ear for months, without breaks, and I feel I'm really lost to the original sound. The general stress and pressure I put myself under doesn't help. Nor does the fact that I'm sick of the song, and just want to finish it, but can't do a rushed job that I won't be happy with. Little bit sound blind, to be honest.

So yeah, I was hoping that someone in this amazing community with their collective wealth of knowledge could possibly point me in the right direction.

I thank you all in advance for any help.

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_FreqAnalystMulti/

Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi is a unique multiple tracks real time spectrum analyzer: it lets you visualize the spectral content of several audio tracks on the same screen with extreme smoothness and high resolution, for both time and frequency. It is the ideal solution for mixing: you can use it as a frequency overlap detector and actually see which part of the spectrum every single instrument uses. It is now also possible to easily compare the spectrum of several instances (for EQ matching or response curve measurement) thanks to the new 'Diff' view which displays the difference between several curves.

Just like with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro plug-in, the frequency analysis can be fine tuned in details, and three modes are offered for each channel: instant, peak or average response of several audio tracks can be displayed on the same graph (the plugin supports up to 16 curves). Zooming capabilities and coordinates display let you exactly measure the characteristics of the spectrum for each audio track. Thanks to the advanced routing capabilities you can define different settings for each track and thus adapt the analysis for each audio signal you want to analyze. Our multiple tracks tutorial shows you how simple multiple tracks spectrum analysis can be.

The four memory slots let you store any curve in memory: it helps you make comparisons between several setups or portions of your audio project very easily.

Thanks to included window opacity management feature and advanced layout customization capabilities, you can adapt the plug-in user interface to your personal needs and enhance your workflow. It is also possible to create a completely custom user interface using Blue Cat's skinning language.

If you are looking for a single track spectrum analyzer with a spectrogram view and audio to MIDI capabilities, check our Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro plug-in.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Parasite-B

@realitybytez that is exactly what I'm looking for! Damn, thank you for the quick response, and definitely for that solution! I'll be sure to write you into my will, before I die, a starving artist! Again, many thanks. Consider this post closed. :wink::mates::cheers:

5. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

glad i could help. :cheers:

6. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

and if you are looking for multitrack EQ there is the DDMF's IIEQPro

[​IMG]

• 24 fully parametric bands, with 27 state-of-the-art filter types per band
    • Adjusted for digital artefacts at high frequencies (don’t use any equalizer that doesn’t offer this!)
    • Seven Butterworth filter types with variable slopes from 6 to 60 dB/oct
    • Multitrack editing in one user interface
    • Very efficient user interaction (just one click to dial in a band)
    • Autolisten option
    • Sound processing in series or parallel
    • A/B option for quick comparison of alternative EQing choices
    • Very low CPU consumption but not at the expense of sound quality
    • High precision frequency analyzer (pre/post) with zoom and scroll functionality
    • Switchable to two-channel mode operation (L/R or Mid/Side)
    • Available in Windows VST (32/64 bit), Windows/Mac RTAS, Windows/Mac AAX and Mac VST/AU (32/64 bit, Intel OSX 10.5 and higher) format

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Parasite-B

@Exidus with this you're able to EQ multiple tracks, all in the same vst? Please do excuse my, umm, inability to understand right now. I'm a lot more drunk than I planned to be... I think it's time to step away form the mixer before I do more damage, than good. But yo, thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to have to give both of these a try, once I'm less intoxicated... :cheers:

8. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

@Parasite-B
    Yep, EQing multiple tracks from the same interface is the idea behind it.

Another one: Sugar Audio FilterizorQ Pro

[​IMG]
    Cheers mate! Have a nice party! :cheers::drunks:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

That much is correct, but only in PLUS version multiple tracks are supported

http://www.voxengo.com/product/spanplus/

11. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Use the advice in the video below on how & what to listen and adjust in order to separate your elements in the mix. Be aware that sometimes having a lot of elements playing at the same time it just doesn't cut it and you have to reduce or play them alternatively during your song.

You can then further enhance separation with the use Izotope Neutron (EQ): compare masking on pairs of elements (for instance drums and guitars) and make reverse/mirror cuts with a single mouse drag: boosting one frequency in drums EQ will cut the same freq and the same amount in guitars bus (and vice-versa).

Anyway, if this is not your first song, mixing definitely should not take so long, most likely your problem is with some of the individual tracks or even composition. Cheers!