Looking for a SansAmp alternative

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by adrien, May 25, 2017.

1. adrien

adrien Guest

I'm looking for an alternative of the plugin in Protools "SansAmp", which is really great but can only be use on protools. Do you have some other plugins in this genre ?

[​IMG]

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

4. adrien

adrien Guest

I've already tested it, really different and not good as sansamp

5. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

6. TW

TW Guest

I did not find any good PSA vst since i switched from pro tools.
    The TSE BOD is a nice Bass driver di emulation (i have the hardware pedal) but its not a PSA.
    A friend of mine says this is not bad at all. Had no time to test it. Its a PSA VST for free

7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Try some of the LePou stuff. Not a feature match point for point but trying it will not cost you anything.

8. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Ignite amps has some great free guitar oriented VSTs, combined with Henry Olanga's Hi-rez cabsim should sound as good as most other offerings.

9. Polymetrix

Now that I see this part: are you looking for SansAmp-clones (it is a piece of actual hardware so you could get it outside ProTools by getting the real deal) or for guitar amps in general?

10. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Interesting question because I tried to find an alternative as well a little while ago. I ended up also with TSE BOD but it's not quite te same indeed. Because I own the Soundtoys bundle I tried to emulate it with Decapitator and Devil Loc but that made it a bit too complicated. I now see SoftAmp PSA mentioned for the first time, wasn't aware of it, but if I'm correct it's only vst (while I'm on Logic X). Not a big problem I guess because I'm also a Blue Cat Patchwork V2 user so let's give it a try!

* My mistake: .dll files for PC so can't use it. Unfortunately.

11. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

Behringer has very good super cheap (~$30) hardware copies of the original classic (GT2, BassDriver and AcousticDI) SansAmp boxes.

12. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

I have the hardware... its easy, need maintenance. Nothing is the same, even the protools versions.
    Transistor pedals from sansamp are cleaner and do good job.
    Buy the hardware or use Multifxs like Amplitube... its not the same but can sound better with some work.

13. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Maserati Gti or B72, maybe

14. adrien

adrien Guest

I'm looking for the best sounding vst guitar amps, and if possible something which could compete with Sansamp in it's style of adding distortion

15. Polymetrix

Kazrog Thermionik. Easily the best. No Sansamp-model but apart from that the best.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. adrien

adrien Guest

Cool I'll check that, and also the softAmp. What about Amplitube 4, I've never tried.

17. Polymetrix

The new amps are okay but Amplitube 4 still includes IK's old stuff which is not too good. If you try it make sure to stick to the new ones (Mesa collection, Fender collection 2...everything that was released AFTER Amplitube 4's release date)

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  18. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

i have the hardware sansamps, and always liked them, not so much for their "sans-amping" but for decent distortion etc... I don't like that I have to physically OPEN my bass one to change settings (made a velcro lock for it... it was one of the originals from like 23 years ago...)... but outside of the digi one, not sure of anything that does 1:1 similar to that plugin ( not saying it sounds like the hw...)

19. The Koala

The Koala Ultrasonic

I do like Amplitube 4, and contrary to what our friend Polytmetrix says, I like the old Fender Deluxe Reverb and Marshall JCM 900 better than some new collections - I really can't make any usuable preset out of the new Fender Collection 2. The Mesa Boogie Collection is pretty good, and Jet Cities and Soldano emulations are great ! Even though Amplitube is not the best guitar amp VST, it gives me great sounds, and that's just what I'm asking for.

20. ampworks

ampworks Producer

21. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

the best distortion i know is trash 2 from izotope

have not been using any other distortion unit since i have this