looking for a real time pitch shifter vst

Discussion in 'Software' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Jan 22, 2024.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

the title sums it up im looking for a real time lowest latency possible pitch shifter vst i noticed little alterboy adds latency and so does vocal bender tried the new slate digital metapitch and although it doesnt have latency it sounds too robotic and not realistic like little alterboy or vocal bender are there any other good pitch shifter vst for vocals out there with no latency? thanks to anyone that comments

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Z-plane Elastique Pitch is pretty good. They will all have latency, to some degree. It doesn't make them unusable, just look at Antares AutoTune and how many people use it as software. But the closest to Zero Latency you are going to find may be rack unit hardware, or a guitar pedal incarnation.

4. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Polyverse - Manipulator

5. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Yeah a bit underestimated vst yet easy to go and powerful.

6. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

I use Serato Sample which does a fantastic job, there are liitle to no artifacts depending how drastic you pitch up or down.

7. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

Slightly curious between this and your sound interface post- what's the need for the absolute lowest latency? I get its annoying to have a super long delay between pushing a key and hearing the sound of course, but to a degree I've never found that to be an impedance to me making music. Like if it's really bad then yes it is, but if it's just a slight delay I barely even notice it as I cook up a beat. But then again I use a lot of latency inducing plugins like nebula so maybe I've just developed a thick skin.

Is your computer system pretty good? I forget. Might be that instead of investing in plugins and sound cards you could get the best improvement by upgrading your cpu- just depends on where the bottleneck is. Anyway, just curious is all latency for like live recording and all that is more serious of an issue to me personally than just making some beats (which is what I was under the impression you were doing, so I could be way off!).

Ps when I do record vocals i monitor them direct through my interface so no latency, then on playback I put the effects on. I figure I want a clean as possible recording so I don't put any effects on until I'm sure I got the main piece THEN I start messing with it. That possibly could solve your latency issues if you're trying to sing and there is that delay going on in your ears.

8. Don Gargon

Don Gargon Member

If you dont mind using a free sampler.[Loading samples] I found SITALA vst has good quality tuning for any samples & works good on vocals etc... & i still rarely use Madshifta which is really old 32 bit!.But any good Daw should have decent pitch shifting today.Also Waves soundshifter was big back in the day! but as you say it has a bit of latency.

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

industry-standard ProTools shit uses VSO (variable samplerate override) to detune bigger orchestras in realtime,
    what exact use case you're looking for?

10. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

HOFA Systems has a bundle of plugins that all do 1 thing and one thing only, but very efficiently. That's what I use, their pitch shifter, it can only do 12 steps at a time, but I guess you could maybe daisy chain it if you needed more than that. Anything that big of a shift would probably get some kind of distortion of some kind regardless of what you used . . .

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/mixbox/

11. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Evenetide h949, Micropitch, Octavox