Looking for a master/midi keyboard with 49 keys

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by ArticStorm, Feb 18, 2021.

1. onhappin

onhappin Ultrasonic

Not exactly what the OP wants... but if I were to need a new keyboard I'd gladly order the new Keystep Pro from Arturia. Owning the Minibrute 2S and the Beatstep Pro, I can say a few things about the power and versatility of its sequenzers, arps etc. It's only 37 keys and 100 euros or so more than his budget, but it's so much more than a midi keyboard... With the right outboard it can easily supplant the daw all together...

2. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Is there a Polish online shop which ships to Germany? Or is there a shop I can visit in Slubice or Gubin?

3. mpderry

mpderry Member

https://sklep-muzyczny.com.pl/c/1130/klawiatury-sterujace-kontrolery-klawiatury-sterujace-studio-i-rejestracja-dzwieku-.html?keywords=&keywords_desc=&prices[0]=&prices[1]=&producers[46]=46

But, shop is in polish only, so i think find some polish friend to help you with purchase, they sending via couriers, so it woudn't be a problem with shipping. And they speak in english so You can ask them, they are very nice, got a LOT of stuff from them. But if you are in Germany why not to contact Behringer directly?

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i considered this already, but 37 keys is just not enough, if it only had 49 and pads, i would buy it for 150€.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Platinum Record

Wow the faders seem great.

7. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

That's exactly what I bought last month. Perfect!

8. ArticStorm

really thinking about going 61 keys with the Novation impulse?
    because 49 is good, but might be a lil small?

Its 100€ extra, have to see what money i have left. think got my 230€ together, which would cover the 49 version, 61 version is 330€.

any opinions on that?

the old keyboard i had my music lesson, is a 61 keys one, which i find quite big, so 49 should def do. This means one octave more, which would end up costing 100€ more?! WTF
    Will buy Novation Impulse 49 version and a MIDI to USB cable for 30€ extra or so, to use that old lil keyboard from back in the days, because i still like it and maybe i can record some sounds from it.

9. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Still have my Xboard 25 running win10 editor working as normal setup with a live script (dono about the emulator stuff i dont use it anymore)
    anyhow i recently got this lil beauty also running in live.. i like its response:
    https://nektartech.com/panorama-t4-t6-controller/
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. odod

odod Rock Star

i have broken Axiom Pro, Line6 Mobile Keys, KORG and Nektar Impact LX61+ .. Pitch Wheel and Mod Wheel issues, i have tried to send it back to the local/authorized service center, and the excuses are always the same "NO SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE" .. only the Nektar survived, because the store still have some of the parts. So, i hope you're not going to choose the wrong one .. i think STUDIOLOGIC is a good option.

11. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Novation has also a lot of spare parts available for older models, so that's a plus, but i payed a premium price and to me it was not worth it if you look at the quality (inside). A lot of keys are not responding well anymore over time so you need to fix it with some graphite (quick fix) or replace the rubbers. Not sure which brand does deliver quality stuff, it's indeed a though one. Luckily you already found a (cheap) solution!

12. Tsavness

Tsavness Member

I own a Keylab49 Arturia and i am really happy with my purchase as it is a workstation for me. I dont know the reseach you did but i can inform you in some way of the capabilities that comes with it.

The pad section comes with "User" selections. That means you have "User 1" User 2" until to "User 6" profiles and each profile comes with their 16 midi channels and each channel can have their own behavior on the controller. Which means you can have the same potentiometer for 6x16=96 different uses/maps/automations in the same track. Same goes for the faders too.

Edit: I forgot to tell you that you can manipulate all this through the Midi Controller Center and make your workflow faster. In my case, i have a setup in User 1 which makes use of my own Drum Rack template i have in Ableton so i dont lose time with opening channels, racks etc. I am just putting sounds and i am ready to filter my drums in a bridge, to adjust my reverbs, to add a little punch all that individualy... The possibilities are in some way, endless.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  13. ArticStorm

The keylab has no aftertouch and i grew up on it.
    The Xboard25 will def stay, its a very good knob controller and when i play basslines in, its perfect, bcs the keys are very robost and you cant destroy them, even with hardest hammering from my fingers lol

Did you get the software working, which comes with the xboard25? i cant even install the last one on win8.1, it hangs on the setup screen.

14. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Never tried a keylab.. but this Nektar T is very good for price also a sensitive response on the AT :wink:

This one works ok here w10x64:
    http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=9649

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  15. ArticStorm

Ohhh i will give this a try.

16. djru5h

djru5h Member

NOVATION SL49 MKIII

17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

im getting this one next week, you should too! so cheap. aftertouch!

https://www.m-audio.com/oxygen-pro-49

two important factors, the pad is on the right side, and the sliders are on the left!

18. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Please read the OP (and the other posts) before posting

19. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Same goes for Novation Impulse.

20. Jerom

Jerom Newbie

Nektar Panorama T4 !

Integrate perfectly with Reaper and Reason.
    'integration with my daws was one of my main considerations)
    Had no problems at all when setting it up.

Altough I play a real piano, the keys of the T4 are quite good (in this pricerange) for a midi keyboard.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021