Logic X

Discussion in 'Logic' started by paraplu020, Jul 16, 2013.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

it looks ok but not even close to Cubase 7

2. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

64-bit os and apps was inevitable people. software has to progress. you should have been looking at phasing out your 32-plugins that developers have abandoned a long time ago.

here are some options for the people who still like to run windows xp.

-use plogue bidule in rewire mode
    -find 64-bit alternatives (i.e. z3ta/massive/dune/saurus/strobe/diva/zebra/tal/spire instead of sylenth1)

the other thing is...you don't have to upgrade to logic pro x.

i love the new logic and can't wait to get my hands on it.

3. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I had no idea so much info on Logic X was already available. I can't wait for it!!!!! :grooves:

EDIT............

It's already out and it requires OSX 10.8.+....... WTF??????? :dunno:

4. notrace

notrace Producer

Hey jabbawork123,
    WIth regard to your crash above, a lot of us are experiencing random crashes under 10.8.4. I'm testing it again here on my 27" iMac (late 2009 quad core) that will randomly generate panics after it is installed. It is highly intermittent in nature and can run hours without an issue. If I revert back to 10.8.3, no such problems. Anyway, don't know if you've been running fine under 10.8.4 but just thought you should know it has definite issues running on some Macs. Logic X looks sweet but I have my hesitation having to run it under 10.8.4 here! :(

5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

That was helpful...

6. jabbawork123

jabbawork123 Newbie

Can't say I blame you :\ I pretty much KNEW there would be stability issues...how could there not be, y'know? I downloaded it understanding that but probably not fully prepared for what I/we might actually be in for. I'm running a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Mac, with 4GB of memory, software version 10.8.4. At least there's an auto-save feature? :) Thank you very much for your suggestion and I'll keep it in mind. At least, also, it didn't install OVER my previous version of Logic, so I can always default to that if I need to.

...Does it not make it almost too easy to forgive it for its shortcomings? It's so sleek. Hope I'm not opening my fat mouth too soon :bow:

7. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i luv mac a only have ever used a mac pro But with this New Mac pro and shit only working with mavericks there f.cking up Big time

they are just trying to make mac users go there way forcing people to have to update there stuff

8. djelvis

djelvis Newbie

remind me of ableton. i like

9. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

So I've been playing with Logic X + iPad Remote all day. Feels like a hybrid between GarageBand and Logic 9. The new design isn't advanced, it's more of a gimmick. It looks cooler and more modern than Logic 9, but the unnecessary icons, large buttons, and large menus take away valuable screen space and makes logic cluttered (using on 15' Macbook pro). Navigating my projects now requires more scrolling and mouse movements slowing down my workflow.

The new sounds and samples are a step up in quality and I have no complaints on that. The Drum Kit Designer of much simpler to use and tweak than BFD2, Studio Drummer, and Superior Drummer. This is not a good thing for those who enjoy highly tweaking kits for that perfect sound. The Drummer is awesome. Being that I'm a terrible drummer, I find drummer great for quickly getting that authentic drummer feel.

There are a number of new tools and instruments in additional to the older one's. Glad that they finally included an arpeggiator.

Flex Pitch sounds great and is easy to use. I personally feel the pitching sounds better than Melodyne on most content, but I'll have to use it a bit more testing.

Finally, the iPad Remote just works well with Logic. You can play notes and chords, tweak instruments, load instruments, access key command shortcuts, access the mixer, and more. And it's free. This is not a reason to get an iPad, but if you have one, it's a must have accessory.

Overall, I think it's a good buy for someone without Logic. I had k'd Logic 9, so I went ahead to buy X. Don't think it's really worth an upgrade if you have Logic 9, unless there is a must-have new feature for you.

10. notrace

notrace Producer

I'm not really worried much about 10.8.4 as I'm sure 10.8.5 will be upon us shortly and hopefully it corrects the issues some of us are experiencing. Can't wait to get my hands on Logic Pro X though! :) BTW, I think I read somewhere that JBridge won't work with Logic Pro X!

11. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Yes, it not looks even close. It looks better than Cubase 7 for me. :)

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Meh. That's all I have to say about that. Some of it looks corny just like GarageBand.

13. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Im not gonna lie. X is a whole lot better as far as the producing/songwriting side is concerned. I honestly feel like I can get into a pretty good workflow if I keep using it. Wish I could say the same for their previous versions :rofl:

14. Rolma

Rolma Guest

All right It´s fucking cool but to have to work out the 32 bits is a bit deceiving

:excl: Rewiring a sort of manager! for how long!
    back in the landscape of bridging! And the visualization for bidule is just shit!

Is apple marking now the agenda of any given developer in the world
    Excessive pressure!
    Those leaps forward sometimes remind me the worst Darwinism!
    Isn´t variety charming if this variety can be easily afforded!

:rofl:

15. karlarsch

karlarsch Ultrasonic

The only 64-bit support is ok in terms of time and progress, but an absolutely NO-GO is the new file-format.
    There is no way to save Logic X-Songs in a Logic 9 compatible format, so music-exchange is nearly impossible.
    Don´t tell me about OMF and MIDI-Crap, even AVID did this a lot better.
    Karl

16. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Man this is bad news!

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Does anyone need more proof that Apple doesn't give two shits about their users?

18. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

yeah, maybe you are right^^^

but overall i think logic x is great! it's like the slick, streamlined 2013 version of 9 with some extra's. v9 was all i needed, this version is more than i can wish for! :mates:

apple policy sucks most of the time, but logic x as a product certainly delivers imo!

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

How can it deliver if you right off the bat have a headache with 32-bit plugs and sharing your projects? It sounds to me like they handed you a problem not a solution. :dunno:

20. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Exactly they have created a problem where it wasn´t...
    Ok they transformed the eventual bug into a big issue !