Logic X: set default EQ?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Highdom, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

How to set default EQ in logic pro x?

3. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

you can't. default eq/comp in logic are the native ones.

4. Mattc90

Mattc90 Kapellmeister

I assume by 'default' you mean Logic's Channel EQ plugin that loads automatically when you click the 'EQ' section on a channel strip? Yeah you can't change that behaviour. You aren't alone in wanting the option for it to be a user-defined function though, it's been requested of Apple for years, hopefully some time soon they'll actually listen to users and change it!

I suppose if you just want some specific EQ plugins to load as soon as you start a new project you could always just save a template with a few instrument and audio tracks loaded with those EQs already?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  5. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I would like to set fabfilter eq by default...however ok I make channel strip for it...thanks

6. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

Yes you can. in logic 9 at least. Personalize your channel eq the way you want, then "save setting as", but don't rename it to anything. Just save as default. When you open a fresh channel eq after that, it should default to your personalized version. That goes for any other plug/effect as well.

7. Mattc90

Mattc90 Kapellmeister

He doesn't want to just change the default settings inside the Channel EQ he literally wanted to change the system function where the stock Logic plugin loads when you click on the EQ square on a channel strip to a 3rd party plugin loading instead (e.g. Fab Filter ProQ). It's not possible as of yet!

8. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

^^^ Oh, I misunderstood......Yeah, that would be on everyones logic wish list.....

9. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

It's a wish, but it will never happen sorry. I know Fabfilter is amazing, but the stock EQ has balls too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Mattc90

Mattc90 Kapellmeister

It's definitely on my wish list fo shizzle, can't see it happening any time soon though! We can hope!