Logic X on 10.6.8

Discussion in 'Logic' started by rana, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rana

rana Newbie

hi i would like to know if there is any possibility on running logic pro x on macs os 10.6.8, maybe editing something or just let m e know, i was searching but did not find anything really sure
    thanks any comments

3. rana

rana Newbie

sorry what do you mean with AFAIK? thanks

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

No cannot be done, update to Maverick or Mountain Lion :wink:

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

was reading it work on 10.7.3 Lion when you edit the files.
    well just try it. loving apple for their policy.

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Sadly Apple has become a PROFITEER developer, forcing people & devs to buy their "latest?" machines! :snuffy: They're known for killing backwards compatibility on purpose and similar pseudo-pressure-methods. They also try to kill 32 Bit Plug-Ins +developers, because they made Logic X only for 64 Bit Plugs. All this really suxxxxx!!

7. rana

rana Newbie

ok thanks for the answers, yes i agree for me is impossible to update to Lion, i have and old macbook pro, make no sense but the same happened with pro tools regarding the old inerfaces (i have mbox 2 pro i also use a digi 003, now the are going to be out in the next versions, the most funny thing is that the new avid interfaces are worst comparing pre amp quality)
    i was trying to check the drummer of logic x and all the stuff on my mac, just to compare with pro tools
    thanks anyway

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Become???

Oh i think they always have been that way.
    They have that 5 years upgrade policy.
    Buy a new machine every 5 year otherwise no upgraded software will not work and that goes even whit 3 party developers aswell
    I was eager to try out a software (Capo) when i bought my mac pro (it has OSX 10.6.8 pre installed) but i could not install it beacuse it needed 10.7 so it took some digging on pirate sites to find an old version.

And b.t.w i can not even find OSX Lion (which is the newest i can run on my Mac Pro 2.1) in app-store so i can upgrade to the newest OS only Maverix is availible.

9. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Up until the advent of Lion, I was a pretty staunch Mac defender. But the fact that a) you can still run most Windoze programs on any version of Windoze and b) you can still install any version of Windoze on any machine, and meanwhile, you can't run Mavericks on certain machines made before a certain date, even though they're Intel and otherwise meet all the specs required for running Mavericks (or Mountain Lion), has really soured me on Macs. I still run Snow Leopard and qualify for an upgrade to Lion ... but that's the last system I can install. I don't believe Jobs would have allowed this to go down, but we'll never know. Apple stopped caring about their computers a long time ago.

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

not true Kooka, problem was 32bit AU server was a mess, it was easier to remove it as to repair it. thats the real reason and to be honest 32bit will be gone anyway in a few days years.

but yes i agree on the backwards compatibility. so glad i never bought an Apple machine.

11. sivashankar

sivashankar Newbie

you should upgrade your Mac osx . Osx 10.6.8 is not supported for Logic X .

12. Antilles

Antilles Member

Mavericks is free by the way.

But I didn't upgrade and also use 10.6.8