Logic X Drummer, simmilar plugin for VST on Windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by Swatch, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

hey there.
    I like the Logic Drummer very much.
    Super easy and nice sound.

actually i work with addictive drums on WIN. But its old and sounds weak against drummer.

Is there a simmilar plugin for WIN, which can be controlled as easy as drummer?

Thank you very much

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

In the old days producers and engineers spent days tweaking those weak sounds made by real drum, and even those made by drum machines.

4. google50002

google50002 Newbie

There's no plugin for win that working like a drummer but the Ezdrummer from toontrack is the only plugin that can be the most easy way to create a drumme section.

5. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

I have Logic X PRO with Drummer and unless I'm doing some cheesy EDM or Trap track I NEVER use that garbage. It reminds me of a beginners drum module (so does EZDrummer). The kind that people with no idea of what REAL drums should sound like or even know how to create original beats...

You best spend some time learning how to do it from scratch or take up needlepoint. The competition is fierce and the uneducated get weeded out soon after they've been embarrassed.

By the way... Addictive Drums is great sounding (and I have it too) but I prefer Superior Drummer because I have more control over EVERYTHING! It's far more intuitive... and yields incredible results on the albums, film scores, video games and advertising I work on.
    As a matter of fact, I have a session drummer that custom plays the MIDI files for me as needed for the session work. Right into SD 2.0 and onto the recording DAW using any drum kit Toontrack or XLN offers!

6. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

It's not necessary to use the built-in sounds in order to put LPX Drummer at good use. I often make an alias copy of a drummer track, then layer glitches/synth sounds and trigger them with that respective drummer track. Just adjusting the XY, fills and shuffle parameters can give pretty awesome results which otherwise would take hours to manually write in MIDI. And since I have drummer, why don't pute it to good use? :dunno:

7. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

Ez Drummer 2 has been to me the biggest revelation in programming acoustic drums. Not sure about EDM.
    The song creator is downright awesome.

One of the things people DO NOT realize is theres a midi out function in Ez drummer2

You can slave to pretty much any drum software in realtime and just use the Song Creator and use instruments other than Toon Track.

If some of you never explored Ez Drummer 2 I highly advise checking it out.
    There's quite a few videos out on this.. Go check them out.

If you end up liking it make sure you grab as many libraries as you can it gives you alot more midi and sound options.. you also can import your own midi as well

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List