Logic X cracked vs legit

Discussion in 'Logic' started by nyplugin, Oct 24, 2014.

1. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

Hi guys, do you think there's any difference between the cracked and the legit version?

Is the legit one more reliable or it's the same thing?

Sometimes my cracked copy crashes but I'm not sure because it's cracked or not.

Thanks!

3. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

For me is the same, Logic don`t crash alone, thethird party plugins crashes Logic.

4. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

it's the same.

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It doesn't matter, they never update either of them :bleh:

6. Alraun

Alraun Member

Welcome nyplugin,

Logic has no copy protection, therefore there's no cracked version existing. *no*

It's more likely that a (cracked) third party plugin causes Logic to crash.

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Logic doesnt need a crack, legit and "warezed" logic is the same :yes:

8. Balisani

Balisani Member

I would second that, mate; your best course of action is to uninstall your non-legit plug-ins, and launch Logic by itself (no UAD card/satellite or audio interface either: complete standalone). Does it still crash?

If yes, reinstall (cleanly, if possible: from the App Store, but if not possible, get ahold of Logic 10.0.0, and install that, test to make sure there are no crashes, then update to 10.0.7).

If not, add the audio interface first (flash the firmware and update the drivers to the latest), then the UAD card/satellite if part of your system, then legit plug-ins, then 'trial' plug-ins, ONE BY ONE.

Once you've isolated the culprit, as quoted above, most likely a 3rd party crack, then uninstall it and stop using it (or reinstall a prior version thereof, but I would avoid it altogether, for obvious reasons).

I'm running 10.0.7 on two Macs, Fireface 800 on one, Apogee Duet on the other, UAD card/satellite on both, PSP, FabFilter, Focusrite and Lexicon plugins with zero crashes; hope you too can soon claim the same : )

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

awesome! thanks

wow, such a community! I didn't expect all this replies. I think this is gonna be my new home :D

Thanks everybody again

10. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

What did you expect? :bleh:

we have absolutely awesome people in here :mates:

Questions and doubts get answered here by experienced people :wink:

Welcome to the community

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

There is ABSOLUTLY NO difference between a legit logic and the one you can find on the web.

Logic use a simple serial number to autorise so once you have this serial you have a legit like logic.

12. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

don't think they even use serial anymore on logic x.

plus it's so cheap now anyway.

i remember when it was like £600. but apple don't care about selling it cheap, because they know you've just spent 1k+ on a laptop or desktop.

so they have a high mark-up on that so they can afford to sell it so cheap, that and it's digital only now.

13. AudioVirgin

AudioVirgin Newbie

Exactly. Logic Audio promotes their App store and turns any Apple computer into an expensive but very capable dongle. I remember back in the day when Logic Audio still relied on an external dongle and a dongle emulator became available to circumvent the copy protection. There where whispers that the dongle emulator actually made Logic Audio more efficient because any software dongle queries were immediately returned without going through an external hardware device.

Shortly thereafter Logic Audio was bought by Apple who nixed the Windows version of the software and made Logic Audio register-able via a simple serial number. Nowadays the software is so cheap the questions arrises why you would want to use a non-legit version at all. When you buy it through the Apple store you also get over 20Gb of instruments. It's well worth the $200.

14. nyplugin

nyplugin Guest

I just bought it on the App Store. DAW needs to be original at least, just for the sake of it :)

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Logic crash alone for me ...

16. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Some plug-ins do crash Logic. Usually you will see an error window with a clear message regarding what plug-in caused the crash. Best case, that plug-in will crash Logic from time to time. Worst case, every time - and you must remove it from your system.

17. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Always wondered that question...but I never asked. Figured it was probably the exception of DAWS that didn't need an "uncracked" (legit) version just because of how smooth it still runs. I'm probably gonna buy Logic this month. With everything you get (Daw itself, Free Alchemy & all expansions, all the FREE update gifts, etc...), and how powerful of a DAW it is, it feels almost wrong not to. Perhaps that's Apple's intent as well by keeping it so cheap. I'd say with Logic ($200), they've earned their money.

18. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

19. ArticStorm

there is no need for a crack for Logic X, its just a serial, so you either grab the copied from here, put your serial or use the serial here provide on Z.
    the only good protection Logic X has is thats OSX only.

Logic X is in fact really bad programmed, Apple emagic, and is just building on that code, they havnt even redesigned ES2 in ages, its still in teh design from pre 2002.
    (i could add now here some rant about how apple buys software and integrates it into their software and discontinues it from windows, but we all know that!)

20. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

The developers @Emagic have always been amongst the best in the audio world, and many of them now work for Apple.
    Please tell me, what's so bad about ES2? Its age?
    Maybe Logic is just not the DAW of your choice? :dunno:

21. ArticStorm

nothing just the fact Apple has not even cared about somecosmetics ... its good synth.

apple is not the comapny of my choice. :chilling: