LOGiC Problem (4 expert)

Discussion in 'Logic' started by freebeatprod, Jan 7, 2015.

1. freebeatprod

freebeatprod Newbie

Hello everyone, I'm having problems with Logic 9 ..
    I have libraries in EXS24 made long ago, for various reasons I moved the folders containing audio files of these libraries, now logic whenever I load those libraries or open projects containing those libraries, crashes (the system has shut down unexpectedly ) ... Theoretically should tell me that does not find the library, so I can bypass or locate sounds, unfortunately this does not happen ...
    someone can help me ... thanks a lot

3. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

rebuild your library and put the files for your esx in one place. I would then repair your permissions and make sure you have the right permissions for that folder . If you look around I'm sure you can locate Redmatica's old program pro manager that will help you organize things quite a bit. If at all possible I would suggest going to Logic X but if you can't in Logic 9 trash your prefs and it should rebuild your library file. You can also open the ESX 24 and go into the preferences to tell Logic where to look . The bigger your library the longer it takes to open Logic 9. I really suggest Logic X though and if you're on a 64 bit capable machine and enough memory you should really notice a difference there. Hope this helps.

4. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Also disable all HDs from spotligth and reindex,
    logic is too sensitive about permissions...

5. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

use Aliases pointing to folders that contain EXS instrument files
    https://documentation.apple.com/en/logicexpress/instruments/chapter_9_section_23.html

6. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

better use symbolic links than alias on Mac OSX *yes*