Logic Pro X vs FL Studio 12

Discussion in 'Logic' started by learner, Mar 4, 2016.

1. learner

learner Newbie

Hi everybody, I don't know if I start a stupid subject and I've really didn't analyzed the problem deeply but here it is :
    Why drums in Fl Studio sounds way better than in Logic?
    I have a i7 16gb 1ToSSD MBP with a Windows 10 bootcamp for running FL
    I installed hsf+ for having the ability to read and write in my Mac partition when I'm on Windows (it means that I can chop samples, use omnisphere both on logic & fl...)
    I use high quality samples for my drums and my banks are in the same folder when I peak them on Logic or Fl.
    So I wonder why my drums hits way harder in fl than Logic without doing any processing on them they hit in a way that logic don't. In logic I wondered first if it was a problem form the sampler : exs, battery , Kontakt, nuance( my favorite btw) but it's not. I've tried everything for having my drums hitting hard as possible in logic but I always have to be careful on the level eq Comp... Whereas in fl I don't. I still love logic for its easy of midi effect/ folder groups, favorite preset side bar, Alchemy... But this its a huge problem Im sick of always having to spend time on something with having in mind that elsewhere that's not a problem.
    Sometimes I play my melodies on logic then I export them in wav & I finish the track in fl.

Without doing the comparison, Pensado in the Sonny digital interview said that there's something incredible in fl speaking of the drums.
    But on the other hand there's this image line article saying every DAW sounds the same.
    If any one have a solution write it down please or If some of y'all noticed the same problem let me know thanks.
    (Sorry for my English I'm from France)

3. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

hmmm... got the same driver selected in both?

I'm pretty sure its only volume related, which can fool our perspective.
    I'd suggest to fix it with a gain/volume controller of any kind.

and are u sure u do not got fruity limiter on the master channel in fruity?
    its loaded by default and the master track is used while previewing in the browser

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. PatrickKn

PatrickKn Member

This.

Default Fl Studio template has a limiter on the master track.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. learner

learner Newbie

I made my own template on FL and I removed the FL Limiter I only have a meter on the master channel. I always try to have my kick drum around -5db on FL & Logic

6. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

your are Absolutely right , the reason is your Audio interface
    some audio interfaces such as komplete audio 6 are have different Results with a sound on different DAW such as FL / Logic /AB / Cubase ....etc
    in one DAW the Vol and Quality is good but in another DAW it was not good .
    mac is based on Unix , and it has big problem in the Software Field , then Windows .

buy good Audio Interface and not USB you will see big difference

7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

typo? thats a strange assumption

8. ANdr3s

ANdr3s Member

dont drag audio files from external sources in logic pro x, you have to import them otherwise logic will normalize the sample distorting the transient and lowering the volume, all DAW sound the same

9. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

this is not strange assumptions it was tested and proofed not ones but many time .
    USB is not like FireWire which has stability which is the most imported element . and if you will take
    PCI or thunderbolt then you will get 3 times batter results

but this is not only the problem with a usb but in the software itself , some audio interfaces not design good for mac,
    and another key is the DAW algorithms

10. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

That's not normal Logic behavior. I've never even heard of that. If that's happening to you, then you did it with a setting.

11. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Firewire is gone. You're confused by an old USB bandwidth limitation, which actually hasn't been a problem for 10-15 years now. Here's what it is: The USB bus uses the processor and Firewire did not. Back when CPUs were less capable (far, far less capable), recording up to 16 inputs on the USB bus could max the CPU and introduce dropouts in the recording. However, that's not been an issue for over a decade.

12. gtripodi

gtripodi Kapellmeister

hello everyone! we are talking about samples, and we arrived at the soluction that is always bettere to import a sample from import dialog of the DAW (not drag and drop)

ok what about if i open a Sylenth 1 in FL and A Sylenth 1 in Logic, or Cubase.. will sound in the same way?

13. m9cao

m9cao Producer

Logic better, though I am Fl user.(i dont use mac:no:)

14. learner

learner Newbie

I Forget to precise that I rarely use a soundcard or smth. I love to make music hands free, with no cable, usb (except the f***in elicenser for nexus2) in my bed or couch with the only use of my laptop speakers or my beyerdynamic headphone and in FL as I said it always sounds better. ( I don't mix with my laptop speaker lol just for composing)
    My drum samples are in my laptop not in an external hard drive.
    I've used some times an UAD apollo 16 with Krk's but I didn't heard any differences after exporting the beat in MP3 or wav and listening to it in my iPhone earphones...

I've recently bought pro tools 12, I use it on Mac and the drums hits as it should be like in Fl so that's not a problem from the audio interface

15. santillana

santillana Kapellmeister

Can you elaborate more this assumption ? I've never heard or experience such a thing !
    Cheers

16. FerdinandIIIDeMedicis

FerdinandIIIDeMedicis Kapellmeister

Maybe the default velocity is different in both DAWs. I've noticed that my drums (when played with my midi keyboard) sound way louder in DP than in Pro Tools, and that's because DP's default velocity is 127.