Logic Pro X v10.2.0 crashing due to Core Audio... help?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by mapjay, Jan 15, 2016.

1. mapjay

mapjay Member

@cyberfunk, thanks for the suggestion! I wouldn't doubt that Camel Audio - Alchemy v1.25 could be a culprit, considering X 10.2.0 is the version that apple first releases their full-version of Alchemy, since purchasing Camel Audio. Hmm. all this trouble for one plugin. sheesh. i will try removing it and see if it still has crash issues. Thanks!!!

2. smoke

smoke Noisemaker

Sorry man i didn't see the notification of your answer, anyway if you want to solve the issue try to read these 2 topics:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7195265?start=0&tstart=0

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119164&hilit=plugins&start=0

and check the permissions of the folder where are the alchemy settings
    ~/Library/Application Support/Logic

Keep us updated.

3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Logic Pro is designed to work with Core Audio.

If you haven't yet, uninstall LPX with some application like App Delete. That should leave all the folders for instruments, samples and loops intact, but remove the program itself and associated files – .plist files, shared files logs, crash logs and so forth – giving you a blank slate from which to start. If you had installed 10.2 on top of a previous version, that's inviting some bugs. Re-installing, or fresh-installing, applications is commonly a remedy to crashes and hangs.

The old Camel Audio Alchemy might cause a conflict with the Apple Alchemy, as suggested – try installing it after you get LPX running without crashing, and see if that's a culprit, too.

4. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    The "logic" behind my suggestion, is that upon updating, I have experienced aliased folders disconnected due to the downloaded required content, etc.. Hope you can figure it out! 10.2.1 is a bitch also; especially if you not on the latest OS or hardware...

5. mapjay

mapjay Member

@stevitch, thanks for the info! i have CleanApp 3 installed on most systems, and love it. So i am aware of cleaner Apps, which can often help with removing .plist files, and what not. However, most systems can have multiple versions of Logic Pro X app, residing in the applications folder - so removing previous versions with a cleaner, isn't necessary. Especially since i'm aware of doing this manually... which yes, i did try removing the com.logic.pro *.plist files already, to no avail.

not sure if it's actually core-audio related at this point, or if it's as easy a the previous Alchemy plugin, causing issues with the newer Logic Pro X v10.2.0 or v10.2.1 versions of the application. Wouldn't be surprised, as stated - since v10.2.0 is Apple's big update with their version of Alchemy! Anywho. Will run some more tests. Logic Pro X v10.0.7 and v10.1.1 still running smoothly - all throughout the ordeal, here, so it's not as simple as removing the current installed logic pro app and it's related .plist files...

but cheers, mates! thanks again for all the ideas and info, it certainly never hurts to make suggestion and give it a try, when trying to troubleshoot!

6. mapjay

mapjay Member

@smoke - This part here, sounds like it could be the issue! I will try it out shortly and let you all know. The following is what i got from your second link above, smoke - Thank you!

-----------I had a similar problem related to this post involving not being able to launch Logic 10.2 after a content update until after creating a new admin account. Thank you very much for that suggestion Eric.

I did not want to have to use this new account to run Logic, so I decided to see what may be the difference between the two accounts.

Under the new admin account: "/Users/logicadmin/Library/Application Support/Logic" I found the following files:
    drwxr-xr-x 4 logicadmin staff 136 Sep 6 11:26 .
    drwx------+ 14 logicadmin staff 476 Sep 6 11:15 ..
    -rw------- 1 logicadmin staff 49152 Sep 6 11:26 .Alchemy_Preset_Ratings_And_Tags.db.swp
    -rw-r--r-- 1 logicadmin staff 44032 Sep 5 10:16 Alchemy_Preset_Ratings_And_Tags.db

The directory itself had the following permissions:
    drwxr-xr-x 4 logicadmin staff 136 Sep 6 11:26 Logic

In the same directory under my existing account I found a single file called "Logic" with the following permissions:
    -r--r--r--@ 1 10867355 wheel 0 Jan 31 2009 Logic

I deleted the file because it looked to have a size of zero and only read permissions, owned by some account called "wheel".

macDaddy:Application Support danupdike$ rm Logic
    override r--r--r-- 10867355/wheel for Logic? y

After the deletion of this file Logic was able to launch successfully from my original account. After successful launch it appears Logic was able to create the correct directory with the necessary content:

dr-xr-xr-x 20 root admin 680 Sep 1 19:02 Logic-----------------

7. mapjay

mapjay Member

@Dr. Howard = Turns out, you were right! Def thought i checked this before, but after creating a new user account, and then re-checking the folder locations, some instrument folders inside the main (HD)/Library/Application Support/Logic folder were 'Alias' shortcuts to a "lost+found" (hidden) folder, on the root drive. Removed alias, deleted "lost+found" folder and re-installed original content in proper location. Logic Pro X v10.0.7 + v10.2.0 + v10.2.1 now working fine :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List