Logic Pro X on Windows

Discussion in 'Logic' started by pnutbuttrjarz, Dec 10, 2021.

1. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Hey guys.
    Stumbled across a tutorial where a guy showed how you can install Logic on a Windows PC.
    Curious to check this out as I have a few logic templates I'm keen to sus out.
    I've read other threads here about the same thing and there are mixed reviews. I have a pretty high powered PC, so keen to test it for shits and giggles.
    My question is, can you use Windows based VST's in this virtual version of logic?? Or do you still need to install the Mac based versions of the VST's??? My guess is you can't. But if there is a workaround to get logic on windows, figured there might be for VST's in a Windows based logic.
    Cheers

3. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

So there are 2 ways to get Logic on Windows

1. Use the last version supported on Windows natively which is Logic 5.5.1 released in 2002 (after that Apple bought the software and since then is Mac only). Apparently still works on Win10 since Windows main thing is legacy compatibility for businesses. This will be a downgrade of every DAW released today (including Pro Tools).
    2. Use a virtual machine of MacOS. This ain't really on Windows anymore as you're technically using a bootleg Mac machine.

Also no you can't use Windows VST on Mac natively as they are built for different OSes. You can kinda do this I run Windows only plugins on my mac smoothly | AudioSEX - Professional Audio Forum but it's less favorable and could be less relievable.

4. Polomo

Polomo Guest

or Hackintosh your PC

https://www.tonymacx86.com/
    1 Problem Your Hardware has to be compatible
    2.Problem It's a lot of work
    3.Problem Even if it's working It's not 100% sure that everything works flawless (I had a Hackintosh with 99,9% no Problems only on boot up sometimes it got stacked but everything else not Problem )

5. ozguney

ozguney Member

Polomo right.

If you dont have Mac, it's nightmare.

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Without a plan in space. Either switch to MAC or stay away from it.

7. LoveToGig

LoveToGig Producer

Mac software can use VST plugins (e.g. audio plugin host Gig Performer), but Logic doesn't take VST plugins.
    Although this idea of having Logic on Windows sounds alluring, my advice is to stay away from it ;)

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Logic does not even really use VSTs. it is AUs. exactly. or you can Patchworks or other wrapper.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

i used to have a perfectly working high sierra hackintosh. it lasted a month->back on win11pro

10. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Sounds like it will be a complete waste of my time.... especially when I won't really ever stick with it.
    Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it :wink: