Logic Pro X dropped 32 Bit support! Here is a solution to use old AU Instruments and Plug-Ins

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Teletoby, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

Since Logic Pro X dropped the 32Bit Bridge i was looking for a possibility to use 32Bit AU instruments and effects. And here is a little solution for this problem. :grooves:

1. You need a Program called: Audio Plugin Player

2. In Logic Pro X create a Midi-Track with Midi routing "to Audio Plugin Player 1"
    3. Drag your MIDI region on this track
    4. select "Plugin Instrument" and Input to MIDI and as Source "to Audio Plugin Player 1"
    5. At "Plugin Instrument" load your favorite 32Bit AU Instrument straight from the component folder. (No scanning for plugins and else)
    6. (Optional) choose your favorite AU effect plugin from the component folder in the "plugin effect" section.
    7. Route the output to your sound card. I'm still checking for a solution to route it back into Logic, but i think it should be possible. :wink:

Regards
    Tobias

3. xsze

xsze Guest

No need for another same thread *no*

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/7897-lpx-alternatives-for-loading-32-bits-vsts-full-functionality/

4. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

To route it back to logic use jackosx.

Though it ll introduce latency.

5. lisapower

lisapower Member

Apple needs to bring the 32bit support back, any other solution is crap.
    I just want make Music, and not hours of programing before i can use a plug-in.

6. bigdssf

bigdssf Newbie

@lisapower I agree. Re routing audio is a drag.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Well then you should vote in the only way Apple will actually listen to you...with your wallet. :wink:

8. bl33d

bl33d Newbie

Face palm: install Maschine then use jbridge to convert the plugins. Then open Logic X and open sylenth or any other 32 bit plugin via Maschine. end face palm.

Works flawlessly

Apple doesn't need to bring back 32 bit support, the companies who make the plugins have had over 4 years to get it together this is completely on them not Apple.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

How they wish things were and how they are in reality are not the same thing. Whether companies have had time to adapt is irrelevant because there are still plenty of 32 bit only plug-ins and particularly only 32 bit versions of cracked plug-ins. Having to use a bridge and jump through hoops when support should be built into the DAW is nothing short of ridiculous. It's just more of Apple's you either play it our way or not at all bullshit. Same thing as those asshole developers that stop supporting Windows XP even though half the planet is still using it. Same thing as the no flash policy on Apple devices like the iPad and iPhone. Apple is basically saying we know better than you what you need.

10. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

So, here is another little solution to use 32Bit AU Plugins, which works fine. Use Jack Router and AU Lab! In AU Lab you can add and use the 32 Bit FX Plugins and route them into Logic! Works fine if you want to use EMpTy 250 2.0.3 without iLok, for example. :dancing: :grooves:

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks everyone for providing solutions to this problem for our members. I don't use Mac personally but I'm sure they all really appreciate it. :bow:

12. bl33d

bl33d Newbie

Yeah but I bought all of my plugins legit and so on a normal day all of them have 64 bit support except sylenth. Were talking about a guy who released a plugin and disappeared off the face of the earth though curiously he maintains a pretty moderate presence on several audio forums. He knows that a 64 bit version is needed for the future but still does nothing about it. That is not Apple or bullshit, that is an individual who obviously doesn't care. Even with the 32 bit bridge Logic pro was sketchy at best. I'm more excited now because the logic team has really pulled their heads out of there asses and made a DAW that is worthy of being my only music making application. As for supporting XP and other old OS formats it is neither cost effective nor common practice to continue support of a dead OS. Heres a better way of putting it: If Microsoft would have stuck with what works (XP) and not continued to release bullshit then the company probably wouldn't be in the predicament it's in right now financially. (google it)

Forget about routing and time consuming garbage use the trick I posted it is the quickest and easiest way. Or you can keep Logic 9 on the same system as Logic x and both will coexist and work 100% fine.

13. Alraun

Alraun Member

I recently found this article about a solution using AU Lab and Soundflower.
    Soundflower is freeware. It routes audio between different programs.

How to run 32bit plugins in Logic X

What works just as well: host your 32 bit AU's in Mainstage 3 and route the audio signal to Logic X using Soundflower and the IAC Bus.

So Apple should be off the hook. :)

Lisapower, i can understand you. Yes, it's actually about art.
    This technical stuff, the required specialized knowledge - it can be an annoying thing
    and for me it is sometimes just horror.. *yes* That's why i also play percussion.....

But this is easy, it doesn't require special skills, and is guaranteed not like that:
    Wiring Diagram *no*