Logic Pro X 10.5 is here!

Discussion in 'Logic' started by zpaces, May 12, 2020.

1. emage

emage Ultrasonic

As I wrote I’m now at Mojave (10.14.6).
    Plugs that don’t work in multi out are Vprom, all the D16 Drum machine e maybe something else like them. It should be a mess with the number of the available outputs. In Ableton live all the AU work in the right way.

2. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I bet it sounds better too! Richer and warmer, crisp highs and smooth lows and pops through the mix? Wow, wish I had Reaper now.

My new i9 Mac with 128GB RAM and 4 SSD's comes next week. But I still wish I was you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Who says nothing is done?

Mod have life , in case you dont know, I can be watching the site 24/7. Besides, I dont see any report from you, so do you think I'm reading each and every post here? So cool down, and use the tools that are here to avoid this.

More seriously, guys, please, when you see trolls / off topic /insults, simply use the report button, there is no need to answer.

All off topic comments cleared.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Same here, I stopped buying Apple Computers after just having trouble with their build quality or/and thermal design failures.
    Why not just install macOS on you PC as dual boot, it is super easy if you have supported hardware

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Of course I know, So do we? Don't need to cool or report 6 posts either.
    But I know for future thanks. And thanks for the dislike :wink:

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You're welcome, basic thankfulness is welcome too.

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I think it depends on his Computer Hardware if it gets wamer if not hotter as you new iMac :)
    Fun beside, do they improved the cooling in the latest Models?

8. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I've bought a Hackintosh this time if I'm 100% honest, so I can't say sorry. I couldn't justify the Pro price. So this should do more than enough, I'll use the Pro 2009 as a VEP server, so should be good to go :)

9. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

10. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

IF you ever used Logic and you know what timing and delay compensation are, you should know what I'm talking about.

For those who are unaware:

1. Automation in Logic is not plug-in delay compensated on audio/instruments tracks (but on aux tracks/summing stacks).
    In other words, once you're working with latency-intensive plug-ins, even instruments (e.g. VPS Avenger) or just being an UAD user, your automation is basically out of order. This is also true for Logic's own Linear Phase EQ for example, no additional 3rd party plug-ins needed. Just automate a low or hi-cut, the automation will be nearly around 100 ms out of time in this case.

2. Plug-ins that depend on beat-time information (MIDI synced to the host) are simply not compensated on aux tracks/summing stacks (but on audio/instrument tracks)
    In other words, if you are using something like Output's Movement, LFO Tool, Pumper, Effectrix, Cableguys plug-ins... , you name it, on an aux track/summing stack - timing of the beat-time based plug-ins will be out of order. I know several producers using a ducking or gate-effect bus for such effects - timing won't be correct then. This is also true for Logic's own Phat and Step FX for example.

3. Side chain signals aren't compensated correctly
    The external side chain signal isn't compensated when introducing latency generating plug-ins after the side chain receiving plug-in on audio/instrument tracks (e.g. limiter after compressor with external side chain).
    The external side chain signal isn't compensated when introducing latency generating plug-ins before the side chain receiving plug-in on aux tracks/summing stacks (e.g. tape simulation plug-in before compressor with external side chain).
    If you are using the FabFilter Pro-L 2 with external side chain triggering for stem mastering for example, the side chaining will be completely out of time moreso when using one of the oversampling options. This is also true when working with Logic's own Linear Phase EQ and Compressor on one track using external side chaining.

4. Bounce in Place is not compensated correctly at all
    Bounce in Place does not take automation and plug-in delay compensation correctly into account especially when bouncing aux tracks/summing stacks (see above). Pure chaos, depending on what is going on on your tracks and busses. External side chaining is ignored when using Bounce in Place as well. So you have to use the export track or bounce to disk function and drag your files back again into Logic, cubersome.

Full Gearslutz thread here:
    https://www.gearslutz.com/board/app...letely-ignored-apple-logic-x-programmers.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

12. vanderveil

vanderveil Member

13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I stopped using Logic ages ago and took care of delays manually ...

ok lol that was even reported decades ago no ? :facepalm:

14. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

ffs. of course. move to mojave, I lose live 9 compatibility

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  15. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

yep and they just did't gave a fuck

16. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

that's sad. But it loos like to less people care or have no clue that logic behaves like this

17. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

Anyone else getting crashes in the "Live Loops" mode all the time? I'm tinkering with it, using the new instruments (like the Quick Sampler), and adding simple loops I extracted from 90's sample cds. Have a few plugs in there, like some Roland Cloud (authentic/bought), but nothing much. But it keeps crashing doing the simplest stuff. WTF?

Thankfully my "traditional" Logic projects done on earlier versions seem to work.

I'm on Catalina :dunno: on a brand new 16-inch MBP.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  18. fritzm

fritzm Producer

No.

19. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Well i moved on from mac prices, but decided to build a monster Hackintosh. Best of both worlds.

20. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

Totally agree
    People compose in Logic, mix somewhere else.