Logic Pro issue, no tracks playing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Pending Deletion

Hello

I have a problem on my Logic Pro session, it has been fine all day and no suddenly when I try and play things back, nothing but the audio plays back. Looking at the software instrument dropdown box the plugin is greyed out (see photo)

Anyone know why this is?

I have opened other projects and the plugins open as they should, so it is obviously something in that particular project

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024

Attached Files:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

left side of the picture. you have that channel's output routed to Bus 5, which is probably because it is part of that track stack. Switch it to Stereo Output and see if it changes.

4. BlossomwoodsCollection

BlossomwoodsCollection Ultrasonic

Try pressing "X" to bring up the mixer, then click on the plugin there. See if that loads them in.

I've found that sometimes large Logic sessions will de-load plugins until you try opening them in the Mixer

5. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Pending Deletion

I opened the project in question again after opening other projects to check if those were affected. When I went back to the project in question everything was working again...no idea why

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't have this happen very often, but when it does it's usually a plugin causing the issue. It could be due to a de-authorization, or a demo making white noise that is just not loud enough to hear. That kind of thing. If that is the case, when you close Logic entirely and reload Logic; on the splash screen you may see it show "scanning" your plugins but flying! through the list. Much faster than it could actually be doing any real scanning of plugins... At that point when your session opens, you can look around in your Plugin Manager, sort the plugins by Compatibility, and you may find the problem plugin. It's usually the one right before the one that actually shows it crashed. You can disable them both, close and reopen Logic, and then re-open them by putting a checkmark in the Use checkbox; and then hit Reset and Rescan selection for both of them.