Logic Pro Error: selected audio interface is not available

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Vincent Price, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Hello

My Logic Pro has been doing some weird things lately.

It has been saying the selected audio interface is not available, even thought the audio interface I used on that project from the start was the Apollo Twin MKII

I have 11 tracks in the project and when I press x to go into the channel view thing, it anklet shows up 4 of those channels (see photo)

Anyone know why it is doing this?

Thanks

Attached Files:

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Kapellmeister

In the View-option in the mixer window there should be different options of what you want to have shown. You seem only to be showing the Aux tracks in your picture.
    • Choose View > All Tracks with Same Channel Strip/Instrument in the Mixer menu bar.
    Also, update Logic and the UA drivers from their website. Problems can arise in connection with driver versions, MacOS versions etc. Also, recent changes when working in Logic, like pressing a shortcut combination can be the reason for your mixer showing only Aux tracks. Try to go to your Logic and System Audio preferences and switch audio interface to internal speakers, then back to your Apollo and click Apply. This should hopefully solve the issue.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is your problem. You do not need to randomly update Logic or UAD software over such a simple issue.

This may work to fix your issue. But it is not correct. You do not need to reinstall software because you have screwed up the view in your mixer. Complete waste of time.

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

This occasionally happens with my 18\20 interface. Power-cycling it always seems revive the connection.

6. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

I thought we were suppose to be kind to one another on help questions. It seems the nasty attitude has taken over.
    Making the OP feel small. Is that the idea? Making you feel big and the OP small?