Logic Plugin Menus

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Frubbs, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

For all the new stuff in LPX 10.1, the one feature that persuaded me to update was the option to organize the plugin menus as I see fit. If you have a lot of plugins it's all too easy to forget who's release that kickass gate was, or what reverb had the perfect room simulation preset, and chasing the answers down could be a huge waste of time and dissipation of creative energy. So when I got it installed I promptly set to work organizing my plugins by function. Imagine my disappointment when I went to the effects menu and saw what Logic had done with it. Without any apparent cause, it replaced my single folder of compressors and limiters with a folder for each of them (see screen dump). I have also had at least one folder disappear, though the plugins themselves were still available in the original manufacturers' folders.

I may have been just unlucky, but it seems to me this feature is quite buggy. It's a shame. I was excited about Auganizer until I learned how flakey it is, and now this. I'm quite interested in hearing how others have done with this feature, and perhaps any advice on how to get rid of all these damn folders.

EDIT: I replaced the folder with another without the slash in the name - so far the problem is solved.

Attached Files:

3. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Hello Frubbs - that new feature of being able to sort your plugins is a big draw for me so I hope its not buggy and that your problems were just down to violating the file naming protocols. Good luck and let us have an update on this to confirm it.

4. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

I works perfect for me.......No Bug!

5. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Ouch. Bad timing to put out Auganizer 2 (just announced). I feel bad for them :(
    (though I must say I used v1 and it only created mess with my AUs)

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Yeah, the logic devs must be happy for the auganizer peeps to have worked out the kinks for them! ug. I too heard many warnings about it not working that great and tracking up peoples components folders etc, so I steered well clear of it... Hopefully it didn't screw your system up too much CL! Or was it just buggy and flakey? (I heard it screwed up updates to plugs/instruments etc in that it actually moved the physical location of au's on your drive, thus making it hard for, say Native Instrument's service center to find or update Kontakt kinda thing etc...).. was that the case?

7. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

Screw this technology i'm going back to Ableton 5 and DATS !! Happy Friday ..

8. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

ha! not a bad idea. I tried that a couple years ago, and my dat machines were all sorts of tracked up.... dropping bits, eating tapes.... don't miss those days that much...